Late Shipment by DEFAULT!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was checking the late shipment and noticed my packages were dinged for late shipment and I checked the buyer's feedback and he didn't leave me any feedback so it is very clearly that my packages got dings for late shipment by default not by the buyer that clicked "No" on "did the item arrive on or before Date..."!!  By default.  

I think eBay is evil to do that and should remove this insane page.  I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and was late in shipping my items and informed my buyers about that and all of them were understanding but not eBay!  eBay just ding me for late shipment!  What evil eBay is!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I may be wrong about this but my understanding is that if you are late in shipping when adding a tracked item you will receive a defect (because it was shipped late) unless your buyer happens to answer yes.

So worded in my world, I have two shipping days, so if I ship tracked on the third day, I will get a defect unless my buyer provides a "yes" to the question.

It was great that your buyers were understanding but you also needed them to answer yes to the question to avoid the automagic defect.

I'm sure someone with more enthusiasm for looking up the actual rules in the ebay documentationland than me will (dis)prove this......

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

If you have to delay shipping your items for your customers then don't upload the Tracking info on eBay. Just send the buyer a message that you shipped and include the Tracking Number.

This way eBay can't determine if your items were shipped on time or arrived late unless the buyers indicate that they did. 

You got dinged because the Tracking info was uploaded on eBay.   

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

With or without tracking.... If one states shipped  for a without tracking situation..... it could be late shipping by default..

You might be able to go to the Sales Record for a transaction  and give a shipped date  that will not result in late shipping by default...

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

The only way eBay will automatically give a defect for late shipping is if there was a Tracking Number uploaded in the sales transaction. 

Otherwise there is no way the eBay Bots will know if an item shipped on time or arrived late....   

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How the heck I can NOT UPLOAD when it is done automatically by PayPal Shipping???!!!

My buyer didn't leave any feedback but I got ding anyway so how the heck happened??

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Yes, that's a problem. I don't use PayPal shipping. I suggest you go to the Post Office and manually fill out the Customs Forms and Ship that way.

In other words stay off the grid for those type of transactions that you know are going to be late.....   

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

How the heck I can NOT UPLOAD when it is done automatically by PayPal Shipping???!!!

My buyer didn't leave any feedback but I got ding anyway so how the heck happened??

If the tracking shows that you didn't get a scan within your handling time AND that it arrived after the estimated arrival date, it is considered late.  

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/seller-standards.html#faq=faq-16

Shipments will be considered late only when:

Tracking shows item was delivered after the estimated delivery date and there's no acceptance scan within your handling time or there's no confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery, or

Buyer confirms item was delivered after the estimated delivery date and there's no acceptance scan within your handling time or there's no delivery confirmation by the estimated delivery date

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

If a seller has communications with a buyer, those communications should be through eBay messages.

The messages become a record associated with the transaction... and...

If there are any problems associated with a transaction... these communications ..... recorded on eBay....become a visual record..of a seller-buyer relationship for a transaction.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I hope you are well.

The next time you expect to be away from your business, you might consider extending your handling time to match the time you will be absent so that this cannot happen again. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I was checking the late shipment and noticed my packages were dinged for late shipment and I checked the buyer's feedback and he didn't leave me any feedback so it is very clearly that my packages got dings for late shipment by default not by the buyer that clicked "No" on "did the item arrive on or before Date..."!!  By default.  

I think eBay is evil to do that and should remove this insane page.  I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and was late in shipping my items and informed my buyers about that and all of them were understanding but not eBay!  eBay just ding me for late shipment!  What evil eBay is!!

How are eBay supposed to know if you are in the hospital or just blowing smoke? Even if they accepted that you were in the hospital when you are in a business situation you are responsible for making arrangements to complete transactions in a timely fashion.

Let's face it, if eBay allowed "excuses" for late shipping they would be getting millions of them every day.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Why should I go to Canada Post office and pay more $$$ when it is better with PayPal Shipping??

The reasons I am using PayPal Shipping is ideal for me as I am mobility limited with health conditions that prevent me going out on a daily basis and I cannot walk or stand more than 5 minutes.  Imagine that I have to stand more than 5 minutes and I would ended up sweating like crazy from pain and by the time I get to the counter, the clerk(s) would be upset seeing me sweating like crazy and I have to deal with the clerk that are not competent (too often from my experience they don't know what they are doing and often wanted to charge way more than should and with 5 to 10 packages (sometimes 20!), it would be insane. 

That way with PayPal I can work at any time 24/7 and without pain.  In fact I haven't been to the post office for nearly 7 years, so why the heck would you suggest me to go to Post Office and also why should I pay more $$ when in fact PayPal Shipping is much cheaper?  Thanks.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

It was a suggestion on a way to avoid late shipping defects and I wasn't aware of your mobility issues make it impossible for you to go the Post Office.  

Since your mobility limited and can't go to the Post Office, I suggest you extend your handling time (this will not affect your TRS status) and if a problem arises in the future then put your store on vacation mode and hide your listings. 

That's all you can do..... or ask family or friends to help you.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Like I said earlier, if you know you're going to be gone for an extended period of time, extend your handling time to match that. It's the professional way to handle it. Or hide your listings. Or both.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

If a seller has communications with a buyer, those communications should be through eBay messages.

The messages become a record associated with the transaction... and...

If there are any problems associated with a transaction... these communications ..... recorded on eBay....become a visual record..of a seller-buyer relationship for a transaction.

I realize that bit I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic.  if a buyer requests in messages that the seller waits to ship an item late ebay has said that they will take that into account.  But in this situation the buyer didn't request it a late shipment.   It doesn't matter if the buyers were told about the problem, eBay still considers it a late shipment.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

HA ask my friends or family won't work as the post office closes at 5 pm and they won't be able to have time to go to the post office after work!  I don't want them to do for me as it may have some errors.  I rather do with my full knowledge of how much, weight, measurements, etc. with PayPal.

How many days for handling time?  I was told better up to 3 days.  If 5 days not good for searching capability, is that true?

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was in emergency and I had to rush to the hospital or I die trying to work on eBay like you suggested.  Eh.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

All you need is a smartphone to change handling time. It can be done. Even from Emergency Rooms. If you worked in an office, someone would have to take ten minutes to call your boss to tell them you were sick so that you don't get fired. Changing handling time via Bulk Edit can be done in less than three minutes.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

No one is trying to minimize your medical emergency. But I have those too. I've still not shipped late due to one. That handling time change via Bulk Edit is quick, it's easy, it fixes things.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

If 5 days not good for searching capability, is that true?

I have 3-5 days for handling time and never had a problem with sales or visibility.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply