Let Us Choose The Amount For Fixed or Auction Insertions

Hello eBay,

All these years that I've been paying for store subscription (250 fixed / 250 auction), I can count on one hand how many auctions I've sold. I feel like the 250 for auction is been wasted.  It would be nice if you would make the subscription more flexible so that we can choose how to use our insertions.

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Perhaps you were not aware, for a many years Stores didn't get ANY bonus Auction listings. At some point eBay decided to add them as a bonus (with restrictions).

Would your prefer they went back to that system?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A method that may work, if the auctions are free in your category is:

Start an item at auction for the same start price it will be when it is listed in your store.

If it does not sell relist it in your store at the same price (this takes only a minute or so).

This does 2 things:

-it brings your item in front of people who are auction centric

-it brings it in front of more people because auctions are rated higher in the visibility scale for the searches

-it doubles the number of "new items" you have, once when it is an auction, once when it is listed as a GTC (I believe listing more "new" items creates better overall visibility from the search metrics but that is only my belief)

-if it does not sell and it is relisted, it brings it in front of more people because it is "new" 2 times and new stuff is higher in the visibility scale

-I think it might be more likely to sell when relisted because ebay sends a message or something to folks that looked at it while it was an auction and it is relisted again

Note though that I used this concept for 100% of my listed items for a long time now. I've noticed that stuff that never sells via auction generally also has low views during the auction time. 

When I reopen my store, I'm going to try putting only stuff up for auction that will normally attract bids, even if only 1, to see if the increased auction sell rate, has an overall impact on increasing the overall sales rate. I continually try to experiment with new things. Sadly it has to wait until I reopen though.

Anyway something to think about.... 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I didn't realize that the 250 auction was a bonus.  I thought we got 500 (for a basic store) and that's how eBay decided to split them up.

They don't work for me anyway so it's nice to have but don't make a difference.

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shhh.  Don't tell anybody but.... we do.

If we list 250 items on our dotCA Store, we can still list another 250 items on dotCOM in the same store.

Five hundred "free" listings for the same subscription fee and the 250 advertised.

There are a few quirks.

DotCOM listings have to be in US dollars.

We have to ship to the USA if we list on dotCOM.

We have to use Flat Rate Shipping when listing on dotCOM, although we are still basing our rates on Canada Post.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply