Looking to close my Ebay store soon if I cant turn things around,, any suggestions??

Hello, I have been consistently selling used auto parts on Ebay.ca/ ebay.com since 2008. (seller989898) , I am based out of Hamilton , Ontario.  As of August 2014 I had over 1250 items listed ( worth over $150,000 ) and was doing exceptionally well with sales, (approx 10-25 items / week)  Then I was informed I was below the minimum seller standards level and that I would see a reduction in selling limits, etc etc.. I admit I hadnt payed enough attention to the new standards and had been making a few mistakes that cost me alot (cancelling transaction the wrong way, had 3-4 low star ratings, and a couple cases I didnt close before ebay stepped in) I am by no means a dishonest or bad seller, I just got a little careless and didnt read the new fine print until it was too late.  Slowly but surely over the last 8-10 months Ebay has cut me down to a maximum of 100 items or $5000 / mth,,, It really sucked ,, feel like my whole life got turned upside down and really has got me down. I tried everything to get my seller rating back up ,, so I could start selling in volume again but its not working.. In all of 2015 ive done just over $4000 in sales... I used to do that in two weeks a year ago.. 

I have tried to get them to raise the limits or help me out in some way but they wont do it until im out of below standard,,  and due to the fact I dont have much listed anymore,,, I cant seem to dig myself out of this below standard hole im in. Any suggestions?? Ive tried selling the cheap items in volume but I just not making sales ( its almost like my listings arent even out there) .. I have spent the last 9 months trying to get myself out of this situation and I just feel like im spinning my wheels.. If someone is out there that can lend some advice or a helping hand I would be so greatful and willing to do almost anything to get things back to how they were. 

I currently have over 1500 used auto parts , none less than $40 in value, all with individual pictures and individual descriptions, categorized and labeled packed away in 4 storage containers. I am contemplating if I would be better off selling everything as a lot and moving on or trying to keep the fight going. Im open to any suggestions / ideas.. Seller989898

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Looking to close my Ebay store soon if I cant turn things around,, any suggestions??

Anybody??
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Looking to close my Ebay store soon if I cant turn things around,, any suggestions??

You said it yourself. You got careless and didn't keep up with the standards for sellers.

And that led to restrictions.

At least you are being grown up and accepting that you did this to yourself rather than lashing out, which is what we see here all too often.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Are any of your defects dropping off soon? That might help.

Other than that, I'm sorry but I don't really have any useful suggestions other than to keep

plugging away until they do fall off.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

List new inventory every 30 days.....

List to the maximum number of listings allowed....

Clean everything up and in one year  the defects should disappear.

Learn what not to do....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
Happened to me a while back. It takes 12-14 months approx. get them to increase your selling limits. You have to be vigilant and patient. Good pictures, accurate descriptions, fair shipping costs and expedient delivery will keep your customers happy. And it will how eBay that you are making an effort. Call them up in about two months and ask to speak to a manager. All of this worked for me. Every month or so, they keep upping my limits beyond what I need.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks everyone,, I was beginning to think I was rambling to myself on here. Lol.. anyways,, I guess I just have to wait it out,, it really bums me out cause I felt like things were really starting to roll when they shut me down.. .. it's been almost a year now and it feels like an eternity ,, I'm hoping I can come back from this one day, I have all this inventory that I spent hundreds if not thousands of hrs and $$ on just sitting here doing nothing.. I've tried selling it on kijiji / craigslist etc but im sure you ppl know it's nowhere near the same. So I've really been contemplating selling everything off as a lot to another ebay seller?? Any input on that idea?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I know what I would give you. I know that you would then feel obligated to punch my lights out.

You are way further ahead sucking it up and doing what you do not want to do than selling it all.

I pay $4 on my retail $100. Buddy of mine gets his stuff for free. You want to give your stuff to us? I don't think so.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you had success prior to the lower selling limits. Then stick it out. Your sales will pick up. In the meantime, download turbo-lister (if you don't already have it) and get your listings ready to go. It will be good time management while you are waiting.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply