Lost Package at ISC San Francisco. Options?

It appears I've lost a rather pricey, rare item at ISC San Francisco.

It was handled by Canada Post and went by tracked air mail from Canada to the US. Last scan was October 20th at ISC San Francisco. 

My customer hasn't received it. I read advice on the forums that signing up with USPS for text and e-mail updates would help move the package along. So far no updates. I've checked the tracking number through Canada Post, USPS and eBay just to make sure.

I called the USPS distribution center in San Francisco two days ago. All they could tell me is it was last scanned at the airport. By the tone of her voice (especially when she said "unfortunately") it sounds as though they should've seen it by now. She gave me two numbers to call USPS at the airport but nobody answered the phone. When it kicked over to the automatic answering service, it told me the voicemail was full.

Any suggestions on how I can track down the package for my customer. eBay gave an estimated delivery date of October 28th.

Info as follows:

• Oct 20, 2020
  • 11:14am
  • ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER
  • ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS), 94128
  • Oct 19, 2020
  • 2:57am
  • ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT
  •  
  • Oct 19, 2020
  • 2:57am
  • FOREIGN INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH
  • VANCOUVER, CA
  • Oct 17, 2020
  • 2:59am
  • FOREIGN ARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE
  • VANCOUVER, CA
  • Oct 16, 2020
  • 4:50pm
  • FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE
  • CA
  • Oct 16, 2020
  • 8:45pm
  • Tracking number provided
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member

Although it's been almost two weeks since that last scan, I wouldn't give up just yet.  News reports suggest that USPS ISCs--particularly the one in Chicago--are really backed up right now.  I suspect that rather than being lost, this item is with a LOT of others awaiting further processing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usps_complaints/comments/hfr1u2/isc_san_francisco_delays/

What is the final destination of this item?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

Although it's been almost two weeks since that last scan, I wouldn't give up just yet.  News reports suggest that USPS ISCs--particularly the one in Chicago--are really backed up right now.  I suspect that rather than being lost, this item is with a LOT of others awaiting further processing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usps_complaints/comments/hfr1u2/isc_san_francisco_delays/

What is the final destination of this item?

Portland, Oregon from destination of British Columbia.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've seen similar no updates for the rare US packages I watch (I try to avoid this because it just causes stress).

It will show like this for a long time, then all the sudden updates a plenty and delivered all in one whack. (I think sometimes the updates are pooled and not updated till later)

For sure I'd hold out lots of hope it will miraculously show up as delivered any day soon!!

On a humorous note, yesterday a buyer from Portugal advised that the package I mailed to them on January 20th arrived November 3rd (yesterday) to them! (They never opened an INR case, I thanked them for their extreme patience!!!)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@needsmorerobots wrote:

eBay gave an estimated delivery date of October 28th.

No, you gave that estimate when you picked your shipping service.

My recommendation is to set everything to the US at 4 weeks until the plague is over.

In days of yore, everything I sent to the US would arrive in 10-15 days max.  Now I'm seeing 3-5 weeks as common.

And oddly, the USPS has broken records on the other end of the scale! Last week, I had an item arrive in the bay area near SF in 5 days. Yesterday, 7 days to Palm Springs. It seems like my west coast deliveries are fast, east coast, extremely slow.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@a51split wrote:
@needsmorerobots wrote:

eBay gave an estimated delivery date of October 28th.

No, you gave that estimate when you picked your shipping service.

My recommendation is to set everything to the US at 4 weeks until the plague is over.

In days of yore, everything I sent to the US would arrive in 10-15 days max.  Now I'm seeing 3-5 weeks as common.

And oddly, the USPS has broken records on the other end of the scale! Last week, I had an item arrive in the bay area near SF in 5 days. Yesterday, 7 days to Palm Springs. It seems like my west coast deliveries are fast, east coast, extremely slow.

Not sure I follow @a51split . Is it because I listed the shipping as air mail to US or do you mean that I ship within 2 business days? Which one needs changing? Or is it both?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, both.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply