Markdown Manager

I have not been able to use the markdown manager to create sales on my ebay.ca items. Every time I try I am redirected to Ebay.com. I can markdown the listings that appear on the American site but those on Ebay.ca are nowhere to be found. What am I doing wrong ?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Markdown Manager

I may be wrong because I have been before and I will be again but in this case I am fairly sure that the entity know as Markdown Manager is no more for you, for me, and for the rest of us north of the 49th. 

The new system is called something along the lines of "Promotion Manager /  Create A Sale Event."  Some adore it, I abhor it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I generally only list on .COM and my store is .COM based.

I've been sneakily continuing to use the old markdown manager up until the last couple weeks, by "editing" my old sales and just changing the dates.

But alas they're onto me and now when one edits them, the dates are no longer editable.

So I've made the switch to the new way, has taken me a couple tries to get the same style sale each time.

One thing I do like is it lists the items in "oldest" to newest - because I have various sales, the older they are the higher the discount. (My oldest items are 4,024 days = almost 11 years!)

One thing I do not like is that so far I haven't found a way to exclude the ones that are already on sale, so I have to scroll past those ones (before there was a handy exclude on sale items).

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"One thing I do not like is that so far I haven't found a way to exclude the ones that are already on sale, so I have to scroll past those ones (before there was a handy exclude on sale items)."

That feature is a checkbox right at the start of the selection process. It's called:

computer Exclude discounted items

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 4.43.27 PM.png

I'm still finding my way around the new Markdown Manager too. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

OMG as my kids would text.

I can find no explanation for how I missed that!!

This is excellent, it will save me some time going forward!

THX momc!!!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

If no longer available why does it still appear ? Does this mean that Canadian sellers can no longer have sales on "canadian" listings ? I still don't get it...Does it mean that I should move all of my listings from ebay.ca to ebay.com ?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No, it means you have to use the new Markdown Manger which can be accessed by clicking Create Sale in the old one. Then bookmark it for future easy reference.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@thevillage1955wrote:
Hello,

If no longer available why does it still appear ? Does this mean that Canadian sellers can no longer have sales on "canadian" listings ? I still don't get it...Does it mean that I should move all of my listings from ebay.ca to ebay.com ?

If you are being directed to .com it could mean that your store was originally opened on .com rather than .ca because markdown mgr is attached to your store. Some of the newer features on .com separate our listings by site which is definitely a pain. My store is on .ca but I can still put my listings on .com on sale but not through markdown manager.  I don’t know is this will work for you but try this....

In selling manager click on marketing tools on the left side

Click on manage promotions on the left

Click on create promotion box on top right  -sales event + markdown 

Enter the discount that you want and then click on select items -  Do your .ca items come up?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

My store was originally opened on eBay.com top. By mistake. I unsubscribed and reopened it on eBay.ca as soon as I was able. This was prior to yearly contracts.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply