Message about delay on Canada Post

I just checked the tracking on an expedited package and I got this message "Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption". I thought the disruption was over.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@triber wrote:

I just checked the tracking on an expedited package and I got this message "Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption". I thought the disruption was over.

The disruption is over but the (alleged) backlog may not be.

They will probably have that notice for another month or so but it's really just CYA to help explain the suspension of delivery guarantees. I think they have had similar notices in previous year at Christmas but instead of "labour disruption" they used "high volume".

Here in the centre of the universe my mail is at most one day "late".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@triber wrote:

The disruption is over but the (alleged) backlog may not be.

They will probably have that notice for another month or so but it's really just CYA to help explain the suspension of delivery guarantees. I think they have had similar notices in previous year at Christmas but instead of "labour disruption" they used "high volume".

Here in the centre of the universe my mail is at most one day "late".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Interesting. Mine are two or more days late coming (and going) since ‘unprecedentedly backlogs’ were announced.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Winterpeg is a long way from the centre of the universe!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hmmm I had occasion to work a fair bit in Winnipeg many years ago, and I was left with the impression at the time that it was the centre of the universe!  wink

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The centre of the universe... called  Canada

Winnipeg is most unique because of  the fact there is no major influence of another very large city nearby.   

The diversity of Winnipeg makes Winnipeg most Unique.  If a company has to test something new... Winnipeg will become a test market.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Canada Post has abandoned all delivery guarantees until sometime in January just to be safe..

And they are delivering regular mail all over the place,, i mailed 3 packages to a customer, regular parcel, and he has received the last 2 first, still waiting on the first pack to arrive.. fingers are crossed..

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Factoid.

In the 60s the Canadian Government decided to make sizing on women's clothing more accurate.

They decided that Winnipeg had the most diverse population and asked for tenders for the project.

The women who won the contract (rumour has it they were American) simply asked the women they knew socially, from church, lunches, charities etc. to submit to being measured and worked from those numbers.

Ummm.

No Ukranians? No Metis? No Cree? No French (in spite of St. Boniface)? No Italians? No Jews? No Icelanders? No Mennonites? No Chinese? No Dene? No Poles?

Nope. Pure laine anglos mostly Yankee expats.

The study was rejected as useless.

And that is why we tell sellers of women's clothing to put measurements into their descriptions.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Canada Post has abandoned all delivery guarantees until sometime in January just to be safe..

And they are delivering regular mail all over the place,, i mailed 3 packages to a customer, regular parcel, and he has received the last 2 first, still waiting on the first pack to arrive.. fingers are crossed..

I had a tracked package stuck in Mississauga for 10 days, but didn't get that message, in fact, this is the first time.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

My worst-stuck stuff incoming is sitting at Richmond for weeks now. I had a few drop off the radar for as late by as six days in Mississauga last week though.

Everything I had outbound in early December has since been delivered but I have three new orders on my desk tonight so we’ll see how far they get when the pressure is truly cooking.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Is this parcel in-bound or out-bound and did you use snapShip and did the sender subscribe to email notifications? That’s most likely the reason you received the message of an Exception; it has almost nothing to do with the shipment but rather the sender’s settings at time of postage purchase.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

My worst delay during this period is a parcel from Britain that took 2 months to come... For parcels within Canada, I got another one with 10 days of 'labour disruption' message.

Since we do have 180 days to claim non-delivery from Paypal, I do suggest patience because most sellers are good after all. We all know who to blame.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Is this parcel in-bound or out-bound and did you use snapShip and did the sender subscribe to email notifications? That’s most likely the reason you received the message of an Exception; it has almost nothing to do with the shipment but rather the sender’s settings at time of postage purchase.

It was outbound to US using Paypal.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

The worst one I know of was an untracked package (oversized letter) from here (ON) to BC, it was over a month.

Both of the folks that contacted me regarding untracked items did eventually receive them.

Hopefully the worst is over!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Interesting. I've infrequently and irregularly received that Exception notice from Canada Post too but as a buyer and not seller; maybe it's a PayPal setting right now that defaults from labels generated via Paypal Shipping.

Speaking of PayPal Shipping, they may soon see an influx of ebay sellers since Shippo seems to be messed-up for at least some ebay Canada users at the moment. That's a different thread. 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply