Migration Tool

So... I had to wait until I was a bit calmer to post this.

Yesterday I decided to use the migration tool and switch over my items to CDN funds.  I did roughly 400 of them before I realized what was happening... 

Here's what happened:

I have an item that I had originally listed for $9.95 (US funds on .ca).. after using the migration tool and converting it to CDN funds it RAISED my prices, so that $9.95 item is now $12.99 (US funds) which is then converted to $16.88 (CDN Funds)... on top of that, all of my shipping prices have gone up anywhere from $2-$8 more than what I was charging before!

Has anyone else had this issue?? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Migration Tool

I haven't noticed that but it did change the quantity of some items which I only noticed when someone ordered 2 of something I only had one left of. I checked and I only had one listed before I used the tool,

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

There are days when I am glad ebay devs are not working for financial institutions.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

egzatek
Community Member

Hello, 

Anyone know where to get help on migration tool ?  There is nothing on E-bay

Here is my problem.

1. At first I was surprised that migration tool told me I had 1307 listings....
  2. So I told migration tool to list active  : 322 that was good.  Selected a few of them and told it to convert.
  3. It created drafts as it should have.
  4. But when I went back to my e-bay it is where I realized why 1307 listings.  Somehow it kept old listings that were relisted.
  5. I deleted all the old junk that was on my e-bay and drafts created by migration tool to only have my 326 active listing (4 are already in CAD).
  6. Went back to Migration tool and refreshed everything and still told me 1307 listings, which I found odd, but didn't bother with it.
  7. Told Migration tool to show me actives, and converted them.  All went ok to drafts.
  8. I then realized I should have tweeked manually conversion price, so I deleted the drafts with having in mind to have migration tool redo them with my tweeked conversion rate.....
  9. I go to migration tool, it still tells me I have 1307 listings.  When I ask to show me actives, it does show me actives, but it tells me they have already been drafted.  And it is not letting me do anything with those listings.
  10. So i am stuck with my 322 US listings and Migration tool not willing to create drafts anymore.

Anyone else has this problem ?

I tried Turbo Lister, and for some reason it is not working.

So I am asking for help if anyone has suggestions or if someone knows where to get help on migration tool

Thank you

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

I have the same problem and was told last Wednesday by eBay employee Raphael hat it would finally be fixed that day. As  you can see, it isn't fixed yet and it's a whole week later.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

Just got an e-mail from E-bay

We’re listening to your feedback – as of last week, we’ve made some changes to the eBay Listing Migration Tool to improve performance and make it easier for you to use.  These new enhancements include:

• Faster load speeds  Yes it is faster
  • Reduced wait times. Keep working even as drafts are being processed and uploaded in the background. Can't test it
  • Refresh your impacted items list in real time.  NOT WORKING
  • Sort ended listings by sold and unsold status  Of no use to me
  • Reprocess listings that have already been migrated  NOT WORKING, and that is my main concern.

June 14th is approaching very fast.......

So a big e-mail with no real use or solutions.....

Nothing ever changes

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

Are your items already listed as Good Til Cancelled?

Those items will not be closed for USD pricing until August.

A little respite.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

I started the move to .ca a few weeks ago and it created drafts for my listings. I noticed then all of the prices, qtys etc were messed up and I backed out of it. now for the last few weeks it just keeps showing the drafts and created and will not allow me to make new ones. how do I clear them.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

I have the same problem. I decided to delete all my drafts because of the insane amount of duplicates and inactive listings in draft. The tool is to "dumb" to know that. So now I have no drafts and the tool thinks it processed all the listings. I think people who chose to spend hours doing this manually had the right idea. I wonder what ebay pays per hour?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Are your items already listed as Good Til Cancelled?

Those items will not be closed for USD pricing until August.

A little respite.

Hello, 

No they are not.

So only 1 day left......

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

Still no news from e-bay, even after talking twice to them and sending, as they requested, e-mails of screenshots of what the problem was......

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

how do you do the conversion from usa to canada in turbo lister step by step.  hard to find

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

ZOMBIE THREAD from 2016

In turbo Lister, as far as I remember, there is no easy way to do that other than re-do the listing. I have found it just as easy to copy & paste the info into a new listing on .ca

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Migration Tool

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply