NEW OFFER SETTINGS MAKES COMBINED SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE

Here is the new offer setting (confirmed with EBAY CS):

A buyer sent 4 offers. I accepted all of them. The buyer informed me, that they are shown on his side as 4 separate orders, each with a separate shipping charge (and of course with 4 US tax charges for that shipping, too).  

What I saw on my side in the SOLD section? I didn't see ANYTHING. Even worse - the items were shown as "you accepted the offer and made the X the winner", but they were still AVAILABLE for sale! I contacted the CS and they told me, this is a new offer setting, which will be introduced gradually. 

Because I didn't see the sold items in my "sold" section, I was unable to combine shipping. I asked the buyer to pay, promising the refund - what I did. CS explained to me, the change was introduced because too many accepted offers were not paid. Well...

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: NEW OFFER SETTINGS MAKES COMBINED SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE

@38e_avenue wrote:

Here is the new offer setting (confirmed with EBAY CS):

A buyer sent 4 offers. I accepted all of them. The buyer informed me, that they are shown on his side as 4 separate orders, each with a separate shipping charge (and of course with 4 US tax charges for that shipping, too).  

What I saw on my side in the SOLD section? I didn't see ANYTHING. Even worse - the items were shown as "you accepted the offer and made the X the winner", but they were still AVAILABLE for sale! I contacted the CS and they told me, this is a new offer setting, which will be introduced gradually. 

Because I didn't see the sold items in my "sold" section, I was unable to combine shipping. I asked the buyer to pay, promising the refund - what I did. CS explained to me, the change was introduced because too many accepted offers were not paid. Well...

@38e_avenue 

eBay does not grasp the concept of combined discounted shipping. And why buyers and sellers prefer it.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: NEW OFFER SETTINGS MAKES COMBINED SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE

marnotom!
Community Member

This was introduced on the .com site some months ago and is still a subject of controversy on that site's discussion boards.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply