New Listing Format/Tool

...so I went to revise one of my listings this fine morning, here in Montreal. And I found myself face to face with that (already being battered and bruised) Listing layout, tool, mess (item specifics anyone).

I got as far as looking at the "simplified" item specifics...

...I stopped, saw those 3 dots, clicked, and found the "Switch Back to Classic Mode" and did so IMMEDIATELY.

They asked for FEEDBACK so I gladly obliged "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MESS!"

I logged back in and revised the listing I wanted to do initially, in 5 seconds.

Simplified my ...

eBay and their updates, what a joke!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

New Listing Format/Tool

@brettjet38 wrote:

...so I went to revise one of my listings this fine morning, here in Montreal. And I found myself face to face with that (already being battered and bruised) Listing layout, tool, mess (item specifics anyone).

I got as far as looking at the "simplified" item specifics...

...I stopped, saw those 3 dots, clicked, and found the "Switch Back to Classic Mode" and did so IMMEDIATELY.

They asked for FEEDBACK so I gladly obliged "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MESS!"

I logged back in and revised the listing I wanted to do initially, in 5 seconds.

Simplified my ...

eBay and their updates, what a joke!

The Unified listing tool was released on dot approx April 2022(Before that Mar 2021). Probably mostly as a beta test or to, pardon the expression aimed at the glutton for punishment crowd. There were similar opinions expressed back then and have carried forward since. Guess your recent experience means you've just been lucky enough to use the improved (enhanced) variation. My sincerest condolences!!! eBay has always done well in giving something they consider an improvement a bad name!!!

eBay help page from dot com + ecommerce blog:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/using-new-listing-tool?id=5196

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2022/4/1650650073.html

-Lotz

As a side note the Fall Announcement is expected to be released momentarily. Rumours and stuff floating around on dot com. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

New Listing Format/Tool

When I rewoke my store a couple days ago, and resumed listing I was struck with the new tool on .CA but the old one was still on .COM.

Generally like all things new/different I don't like it very much, however I bit the bullet and moved the .COM one to the new way so I wasn't having flashbacks (about half and half of my stuff is on .CA, .COM).

Amongst all the pain of change, there is at least ONE good thing I've discovered so far. There was a bug still unfixed in the old tool whereby one could not change the promoted group when relisting an item, it had been broken for months.

I use promoted groups as ways to handle older items, when one sells it moves into the newer group with the smallest promoted %. I could do the % change but I couldn't change the group which wasn't great.

Now it works ok on the new forms....a long version of trying to find a silver lining....

PS I don't like the specifics either, they are cumbersome as compared to before at least so far for me.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

New Listing Format/Tool

i have long ago given up on trying to figure Ebay changes out.  They take something that is perfectly fine and familiar to millions of users and completely change it, making it much more complicated and full of bugs in the process.  Absolutely mindless stupidity.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE , DON'T FIX IT!

Ebay execs:  please print out the above and hang it over your desks.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

New Listing Format/Tool

byto253
Community Member

It is the relentless push to treat everything as if we all did everything on a phone.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

New Listing Format/Tool

that may be true to an extent.  But i've seen Ebay make changes to format, page layout etc, then a few years later change it back to the way it was and harold it as a great new idea.

it's change for the sake of making a change in a lot of cases.  People trying to look busy and productive.  If they have so much time on their hands there is a huge list of glitches on the site they could tackle..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply