New Offer For Sellers Till End Of Year

So I just got an offer for 10,000 free listings till the end of the year. Only problem is it is restricted to certain categories that I hardly use (listed below).  It was for a Basic Store. Wonder if the other stores get different categories.

Sell in these qualifying categories:

• Sports Trading Cards
  • Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Stamps
  • Video Games
  • Crafts
  • Party Supplies
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

@2nd-time-around-jewelry 

No email as of yet. Possibly later today. Offer was available to activate on my Seller Hub page, which I did. Still working on trying to get up to my 1000 per month. As for the offer specific details that link just brings me to We Looked Everywhere error message.  In the past was the offer for 50,000 listings category specific? In the past when I activated this offer it moved  to the top of the list and started a countdown. Currently it's showing 3rd after 1000 monthly & auction allotment.

-Lotz

PS. Email did show up in my gmail in promotions area as of 8 am this morning.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Hmmm ... that's interesting, it's too bad jewelry is excluded.

I sure could make use of these, may be worth my while to take out a store subscription again, the caveat being that they are only willing to commit to this through to the end of the year.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Offer has moved into the number 1 position. I just ended and relisted a small quantity of listings as a test.  4 listings so far were applied to the offer. Unable to check counter to confirm which listings. Counter is hidden.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I agree. I mostly sell vintage jewelry.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

That sounds consistent with the .com offer: 10000 extra for basic stores, 50000 extra for premium stores (in select categories). https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html I only had a starter store on .com during the spring promo so I presume I'll need to switch over to .ca to activate this, but it seems from an earlier post that @musicyouneed got the bonus store listings on .com? Is anyone seeing the offer on both sites?

I'm disappointed to hear "end of the year" since they clearly said it's a permanent change for .com stores, but if Canadian sellers are able to use MP on .com by then it won't matter as much.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Just got my 75,000 extra listings till the end of the year message.

Like 99.9% of the offers, it is of no use to me. I get 20,000 = 10,000 x 2 (10K on .com and .ca) already with the Anchor store, and I use 4,000.

I'm with what @momcqueen so eloquently said in a different thread, it would be nice to offer us something that actually saves established sellers something.

If the "freebie" was some form of coupon that could be applied to "fees" it could be used for extra listings or applied to other stuff. (sort of same concept as the store coupons for supplies). tyler@ebay 

An example for me is that I like to list in two categories. I used to do this for every item but the 5c (6c after tax) x 4,000/month adds up so I've begun to restrict it to the "more expensive" stuff (has to be over $20 retail now).  Help with that would mean I would use it more and theoretically sell more which also makes eBay more.

If I did need more items, then of course I could apply it toward the extra items fees that I listed above my maximum.

Anyway, enough of my "day dream" back to holidaying...... (store is closed for 2 weeks)

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Totally agree , i just received, my additional 50,000 free listings, per month , every month until the end of the year..

Think about it, it really doesn't cost eBay a RED cent to send us these promo's. And they just keep collecting their final fees, on every item you sell, including shipping, and if you are on managed payment, final value fee on sales tax..

They also were enticing new business registered stores, with no selling fees , for 3 months, up to 500 items.. this includes final value fees as well.. I would have loved to have my final fees covered for 3 months..

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Store subscribers have been getting the short end of the stick for awhile. Just one example, scheduled listings are free for non store users versus 0.10 plus tax for store subscribers .... this makes absolutely no sense. Meanwhile as a non store seller I'm happy to schedule virtually every listing. Ditto with the free listing promos, why would I subscribe to get "free" listings ( they're not free) when I can just bide my time and truly list for free. Ebay should just provide all users with a storefront and forget about listing fees altogether.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

yep! love the scheduled listing feature and have always used the free listings and whatever free listing offers that I was able to use.... and it has all come in very handy during the past 2 years while I get myself established elsewhere for when the time comes that I can no longer list on eBay because I won't accept the mandatory MP.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

This is good for me as I sell in those categories often, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind it. It's such an obscene amount of listings. I was actually going to upgrade my store from basic but it really makes no sense now.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I have about 10k listings up. Normally I have 1k om .ca and 1k on .com. Turbolister let me put up the other 8k when the 50k offers started. Normaly I'd make a few k more listings but will not bother because once this ends I will have no way to store them long term. Either we need to have the 50k permanent or a replacement for the  ability to store listings off line before I ever make new listings. 

Please don't suggest sixbit. It does many things I have no interest in and does not do basic things I need done. I wasted a week playing with it.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

There is a logic to the categories. Right now many are staying home more and these categories suit that. Stamp sales for example are up a lot for me.

Also in a category like stamps many listings are inexpensive so in normal times I won't waste a paid for listing on those items. But several at my stamp club have told me that getting those inexpensive items is difficult because sellers do not list them. Bringing in buyers for stamps for example benefits all. I had a discussion at our stamp club and 3 members said that if they want a household item they automatically go to the river but that what often happens is that they browse stamps on eBay and then look for that household item here because they are already logged in.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

We were offered 50,000 free listings each month but they don't apply to anything we sell so it was an entirely empty gesture. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I agree.  I can't use any of the free listings as they exclude my category of jewelry.  So it is useless to me.  If eBay really wants to help us sellers, then why not include all categories, so everyone can get the bonus?  Kind of unfair!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

"If eBay really wants to help us sellers, then why not include all categories, so everyone can get the bonus?"

eBay wants to help eBay, unfortunately eBay cares little about sellers.

The categories chosen largely correspond to collectibles like stamps and sport cards and other activities that are getting enhanced attention because more people are staying home.

Further some of the categories like  like stamps and sport cards are categories where sellers have 50k items that they don't usually list as the value is not high enough to justify the listings fees and they are categories not available on the river etc so they bring in buyers that purchase other stuff too.

eBay makes the offers in categories that it wants to add listings to in order to enhance profit. And eBay puts little effort into seller retention.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

eBay makes the offers in categories that it wants to add listings to in order to enhance profit.

They offer promotions in active categories where shoppers are buying, in other words.

And eBay puts little effort into seller retention.

They try to retain sellers in active categories where shoppers are buying, in other words.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@momcqueen 

It will be interesting to see if there is a special promotion come October or later for toys as Christmas approaches.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I don't understand why now the coins and paper money are not collectibles, and then the offer for 10000 free insertions are not use for me.
Message 20 of 24
latest reply