New seller performance standard in February 16?

I want to get your opinion on the "Late shipment rate" ...

I ALWAYS ship my items the same day, or the next when my local CP counter is closed, and I was REALLY surprised to see that apparently I have 3 defects in this category. How can this be a reflection of my performance as a seller as obviously the things don't get there in time because Canada Post can't handle it as fast as they say?

It seems they're looking to remove the Powerseller benefits as hard as they can, this being their latest idea. Even at 10% of the transactions, I suspect that when this thing will become kind of mandatory reporting from the buyer, 10% will be easy to reach thanks to Canada Post.

Well ... if I'm to lose the Power seller status because of that, I will certainly change my shipping habits to 1-2 times a week instead of AS SOON AS THE PAYMENT IS IN THE SAME DAY ... less stress, buyers will be able to deal with it anyway (they're getting used to wait a month or 2 for what they buy here from China). I don't see where eBay can benefit from this situation, losing your powerseller status for something else wouldn't make you change something like shipping time, but losing it even when you ship as fast as possible? Makes you think about taking it a bit easier for you and those trips to the CP, since it doesn't matter that much to most of the users as long as it's clear.

How about you? You got any defects in this category and are surprised?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: New seller performance standard in February 16?

I also have a defect in the delivery standard.  The buyer bought something at 11AM and I had it out the door by 2 PM and it wasn't delivered until after the ebay estimated delivery date.  I shouldn't be blamed for Canada Post delays.  What a stupid measurement. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: New seller performance standard in February 16?

I think that the new system will definitely cause problems for some of us. If you have tracking on the package, you won't get marked late if there is a delivery scan showing that the item was was scanned within your handling time. But many Canadians don't use tracking because of the expense so in that circumstance, we get marked late if the buyer says that they received the item after the ebay suggested delivery date.  Some are changing their shipping times to 'economy' as the delivery time is longer but it looks as if you have already done that so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply