New store settings

I am finding that my store settings have changed and are much more difficult to find items. The catergories used to be on a list on the left hand side, now you have to click on category settings and they are in much smaller font and along the top. I also can't get a particular listing in one of the categories. Does anyone know how to get back to the previous settings?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New store settings

@triber 

Hi triber, as far as I know, you can’t get back to the previous store settings. eBay has changed the store setup. If you wish to see the store categories on the side, plus more than one page of your items, you need to go all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on “See All”. Unfortunately, it doesn’t stay that way. Your buyers also need to do this in order to see more items. No, I’m not crazy about the changes, I like the new banner setup but it’s harder for buyers to see all our items. That See All needs to be at the top of the page, not at the very bottom.

From what I have read on .com, the changes were made to make it fit better on mobile devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New store settings

@triber 

Hi triber, as far as I know, you can’t get back to the previous store settings. eBay has changed the store setup. If you wish to see the store categories on the side, plus more than one page of your items, you need to go all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on “See All”. Unfortunately, it doesn’t stay that way. Your buyers also need to do this in order to see more items. No, I’m not crazy about the changes, I like the new banner setup but it’s harder for buyers to see all our items. That See All needs to be at the top of the page, not at the very bottom.

From what I have read on .com, the changes were made to make it fit better on mobile devices.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

New store settings

Thanks msmaggie. I am finding it hard to find my listings. I wanted to find my Boa yarn, so I clicked on categories and then on yarn, but there was nowhere to put Boa, I just had to go through all the pictures to find each one. I don't want buyers to have to do that. I might be making a mistake in my settings.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

New store settings

There is a search box but it appears to be just on the main page and it is easy to miss.  It's a couple of lines below the 'about us' blurb.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

New store settings

One of the reasons I like having a Store is that if a customer goes to it, she could choose a sub-category easily.

For example, Plus Size Patterns, without having to see Science Fiction or Erotica.

With this set up a customer seems to have to wade through everything.

I don't like Gallery View at the best of times, since it removes the Global Shipping Program warning on US and UK listings.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

New store settings

If I click on the "see all" I lose my search box, this is much more confusing for buyers I think. If sellers are having problems with it, surely it will be harder for buyers.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

New store settings

I agree that if it is confusing for sellers it will be confusing for buyers too. Though I do see the search box now when I go to all categories or any category.   I thought that the store looked a bit different when I answered you earlier..not sure if I am imaging that or not. lol

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

New store settings

Man, if I still had a brick and mortar store and the landlord came in and rearranged my store before I got there, I would be upset.  I am not liking having no input into how my store, which I pay monthly rent for, is being changed without my consent.  Just my thoughts.......

Message 8 of 8
latest reply