No more discount for Canada Post Expedited Lite?

I am new to eBay selling, and before, there was a shipping discount using Canada Post Expedited Lite, but today, there's none. Are the contract between eBay and Canada Post done in March? I'm confused. Also, will there be no shipping discount in the future for shipping from Canada to the USA?

Thank you for any help; I really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@revlopokez wrote:

I am new to eBay selling, and before, there was a shipping discount using Canada Post Expedited Lite, but today, there's none. Are the contract between eBay and Canada Post done in March? I'm confused. Also, will there be no shipping discount in the future for shipping from Canada to the USA?

Thank you for any help; I really appreciate it.

@revlopokez 

If your transaction to use Expedited Lite is for your recent high value sale it "may" be being blocked due to the value. I believe maximum liability was 75.00 The ebay calculator still shows the service as being in play.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-3-off-up-to-three-eligible-Expedited-Lite-shipping-la...

You may need to upgrade to something like Xpresspost regional/Canada wide or normal Expedited.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hello Lotz,

It's for a 50 CAD item, so there should be a discount for that, right? Thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@revlopokez wrote:

Hello Lotz,

It's for a 50 CAD item, so there should be a discount for that, right? Thanks a lot!

@revlopokez 

If you are not seeing the option when you go to create label it could be in dropdown. Only other criteria parcel had to meet was small in measurements and under 200 grams. (They on occasion will hide any additional available shipping options). As it is eBay labels does not give all the options you can get at the counter...mind you if you did get there they would be without the level 4 discount.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I've never read about a maximum dollar amount for expedited lite.  What are your dimensions?  It's under 200 grams right?  I printed an expedited late this afternoon without a problem.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I've never read about a maximum dollar amount for expedited lite.  What are your dimensions?  It's under 200 grams right?  I printed an expedited late this afternoon without a problem.

The recent promo on 3 shipments quoted 75.00. Unsure why that would even matter. But believe it was somewhere when the program was first announced. I have so few of them all have been for stuff under 75.00 so never really worried about it. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I'm sure that it was just for the promo. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

While this promotion was initially slated to end on December 31, 2023, to thank sellers for an excellent year, we are pleased to announce that it has been extended to March 31, 2024, at 11:59pm ET. 

You can read the rest at the link below...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/eBay-Canada-is-extending-its-promotional-rates-for-southb...

Expedited Lite is available for any domestic packages under 200 grams that meet dimensional criteria.

This service offers both tracking and liability coverage of up to $100 on your shipments. Your buyers can keep track of their shipments, and you don't have to worry about being responsible for item-not-received claims. 

It may be a package size issue

Package specifications

Expedited Lite is available for any domestic sales that meet the following criteria: 

• Weighs no more than 200 grams

• No one dimension exceeds 41 cm (16.1”)

• Maximum volume (L x W x H) of up to 3,220 cubic centimetres

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

While this promotion was initially slated to end on December 31, 2023, to thank sellers for an excellent year, we are pleased to announce that it has been extended to March 31, 2024, at 11:59pm ET. 

You can read the rest at the link below...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/eBay-Canada-is-extending-its-promotional-rates-for-southb...

Expedited Lite is available for any domestic packages under 200 grams that meet dimensional criteria.

This service offers both tracking and liability coverage of up to $100 on your shipments. Your buyers can keep track of their shipments, and you don't have to worry about being responsible for item-not-received claims. 

It may be a package size issue

Package specifications

Expedited Lite is available for any domestic sales that meet the following criteria: 

• Weighs no more than 200 grams

• No one dimension exceeds 41 cm (16.1”)

• Maximum volume (L x W x H) of up to 3,220 cubic centimetres

@brettjet38 

Thanks. I was pretty sure I had seen the 100.00 quoted somewhere. Thought it was a bit strange when promo quoted a limit of 75.00.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

The expedited lite promo only applied to packages with a value of up to $75.   The information that Brett posted shows that the  "regular" expedited lite has insurance for up to $100.   It does not say that it can not be used for a package with a value higher than that.  

Until Sunday, February 4 at 11:59pm ET, eBay Canada sellers can enjoy $3 off the base rate for up to three Expedited Lite labels on orders up to $75.00.*

This promotion is available for your first three sales of up to $75.00 each (after tax and shipping charges) that meet the eligibility criteria for Expedited Lite.

https://www.ebay.ca/sellercentre/shipping/ebay-labels/canada-post-expedited-lite

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@brettjet38 

------

To clarify, the link that you are quoting from is for Tracked Packet USA although it does have info about expedited lite.  AFAIK that March 31 deadline applies only to the special price for. tracked packet. Unless I have  missed it, there is no  time limit for expedited lite, 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Re: Expedited Lite - I believe the only time limit for Expedited Lite was that promo for the "$3 off the base* rate for up to three Expedited Lite labels on orders up to $75.00"... and that promo ended a month ago...

The base Expedited Lite rates continue to be avaialble.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I have been looking over all the information I can find from the official eBay channel and cannot locate any reference about the length of the "promotion" if that is what it is or what they wish to call it...

I suspect it may be a permanent service, as there is no mention of an end date for the Expedited Parcel Lite service.

It seems to be tagged onto the Tracked Packet USA info as an illusion to it also being a promotion, time will tell...

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Where is the buyer located? Many postal codes are excluded from Expedited Lite due to being very rural or air-stage offices. I'm assuming this was an agreement between eBay and Canada Post when negotiating the rates. I had a similar issue a few months ago with a shipment to Nunavut that wouldn't let me use Expedited Lite rates.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

Where is the buyer located? Many postal codes are excluded from Expedited Lite due to being very rural or air-stage offices. I'm assuming this was an agreement between eBay and Canada Post when negotiating the rates. I had a similar issue a few months ago with a shipment to Nunavut that wouldn't let me use Expedited Lite rates.

@dinomitesales 

Wouldn't that be covered by the shipping cost gap that displays between high and low? For this buyer they didn't have access at all for the option. And order was low value so that wasn't what caused the problem.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

Wouldn't that be covered by the shipping cost gap that displays between high and low? For this buyer they didn't have access at all for the option. And order was low value so that wasn't what caused the problem.

----------

I thought that I read there were exclusions for the service for remote regions but can't find that info now.  

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

----------

I thought that I read there were exclusions for the service for remote regions but can't find that info now.  

@pjcdn2005 

They just made those points at the very high end of the spectrum with a minor discount. I posted previously about air stage offices when I ran across 1 I shipped to and noticed the difference. In a pinch if the item will fit, the prepaid boxes could be a better option. 16.99/19.99/24.99/32.99 plus tax. Ship anywhere in Canada.  Example below attached for comparison to Baker Lake NU.

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1709666424430.png

-Lotz

The boonies in Newfoundland: Discounted

lotzofuniquegoodies_4-1709667011263.png

The Boonies in Labrador: Not so discounted

lotzofuniquegoodies_5-1709667134770.png

It's a Canadian tax on scenery, clear skys & brrrrr!!! 

PS. As a side it would not be the first time eBay has audited an old announcement way after the fact. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

-Lotz

OP didn't say they didn't have access to Expedited Lite at all, they just said they weren't seeing the discount. Although they haven't provided any follow-up so their initial comment is a tad ambiguous.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales wrote:

@dinomitesales 

-Lotz

OP didn't say they didn't have access to Expedited Lite at all, they just said they weren't seeing the discount. Although they haven't provided any follow-up so their initial comment is a tad ambiguous.

@dinomitesales 

@revlopokez 

When I checked the sellers recent sale there was 1 there for a high valued lot of cards. Without the rest of the details difficult to know the reasoning why it was blocked. Could be value(Post 8  liability coverage of up to $100)/dimensions or the air stage thingy. As per the CP version of Expedited discounted offering up to 250 grams it does mention those clearly except a reference to declared value. Anytime I have used Expedited Lite it was for something under 75.00.

Air Stage Rate Codes J1 & J2 are excluded. (actual or volumetric equivalent) for weight.

-Lotz

PS. As a side there still has been no clarification from eBay regarding the dimension issue sellers have gotten when attempting to process using this service.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Used yesterday, worked just fine. I saved 15 dollars.  

Message 20 of 20
latest reply