November listing promo - 100,000 free

Check your Promotional section in the Seller Hub to see if you got the promo.

100,000 no insertion fee listings Nov 1 to Dec 1

I checked my offer and it applies to both auctions and fixed price listings.

• The following categories are excluded: Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Vehicles & Trailers, RVs & Campers, Boats, Powersports, Printing Presses, Trucks, Trailers & Carts, Real Estate
  • Good 'Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: November listing promo - 100,000 free

I was concerned about this too, but it was mentioned in the fall seller updates for both .com and .ca and in the help section so I think we can expect it to stick around.

"Free listings promotions that we announced in spring 2020 were enthusiastically received by eBay sellers and proved to be a powerful and effective selling tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. To help you keep the positive momentum going, we’re increasing the number of monthly zero insertion fee listings we provide."

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

As long as Turbo Lister is still on a computer device, can still be used to make & store listings. Pictures will eventually disappear but the data remains....at least that has been my experience thus far...

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

For basic store subscribers the 10,000 free listings in certain categories offer that began in August has an end date, they have not committed to anything beyond the end of 2020. I was considering subscribing again but without some assurance that the 10,000 free deal will continue throughout 2021 I don't believe it is worthwhile for me. 

The Promotion will begin on Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 00:00:01 ET, and will end on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.comwww.ebay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca (the "Promotion Period").

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I saw that too, and that's why I was concerned and checked what was stated in the Fall Seller Update and on the Help page, where they make it sound more permanent and less time-limited. On the other hand, the main Store subscription page doesn't mention the increased free listings. I assume they originally announced it as a "promotion" for technical and promotional reasons, to get the word out, but as with all the repetitions/extensions of it this year, it doesn't seem they were planning to end it imminently. In the summer .com announced it was going to be permanent for store subscribers opting into Managed Payments and not a limited time thing, so hopefully .ca is planning something along the same lines.

I don't know if the 100k promo is an indication of anything one way or the other.

I only ever subscribe to a store monthly as the extra couple of dollars is worth it to me for the flexibility of seeing what's happening with promos etc. But like you it would only be worth it to me with the current increase in listings.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

This 100k ebay.ca promo has been renewed for the month of December.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Hahaha.... and I was racing to get a bunch of listings in before midnight! I do have more to list, though - so this is good!!!
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Same here. Squinted at that computer screen most of Saturday night on into the wee hours Sunday and beyond right up to the deadline. Even then I used under a thousand including relists. Promo or no promo I'm not up to writing any more new listings for a spell.
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

These promotions sound great if you don't have a store.  But if you are already paying for a Store Subscription anyways these really don't benefit you.  None of my listings for my Premium Store of 1000 fixed price & 500 auction are being touched.  Wouldn't it be better for me to just cancel my store for a few months or go down to a Basic Store?  I did this a few months ago when we were offered free listings for many months. I pay my subscription monthly so I am not penalized to make changes. Anyone else doing that?

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

These promotions sound great if you don't have a store.  But if you are already paying for a Store Subscription anyways these really don't benefit you.  None of my listings for my Premium Store of 1000 fixed price & 500 auction are being touched.  Wouldn't it be better for me to just cancel my store for a few months or go down to a Basic Store?  I did this a few months ago when we were offered free listings for many months. I pay my subscription monthly so I am not penalized to make changes. Anyone else doing that?

I've been contemplating a switch like that also. Last month I used 0 of 1000 of my store listings.

The concern would be are there penalties involved for dropping down or out-right cancelling? As I recall there are. See link below.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/ebay-stores/closing-ebay-store?id=4091

You now have access to Time away(all sellers) which replaced Holiday mode(store sellers). To my eye limited pros to cancelling unless you're at the end or close of your store contract.

-Lotz

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

... None of my listings for my Premium Store of 1000 fixed price & 500 auction are being touched.  Wouldn't it be better for me to just cancel my store for a few months or go down to a Basic Store?  I pay my subscription monthly so I am not penalized to make changes. ...

Your best option (since you are monthly) is to downgrade to a Basic store since that would still give you a discount on your Final Value Fees. But you would need to check in January before you exceed the Basic store free limit (350) to see if the promo is available again and then upgrade if not.

On a side note: If you do want to use your regular free listings then list on the canadian french side (cafr.ebay.ca) -- this promo does not seem to work there and just takes from your regular free allowance.  I have a couple of listings on cafr to take advantage of free subtitles. However the cafr.ebay.ca interface is getting quite outdated.

-..-

Message 30 of 30
latest reply