Offer to watcher...just curious

Does anyone had success with offer to watcher/buyer? Does anyone has a copy of the email (proposed offer) sent to the watcher by ebay ? It seems that the seller can not have a copy of that email forwarded to his inbox...or could we?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

21 REPLIES 21

Thank you

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Also of note, any offer history poofs once an item relists under GTC or the sent offer ends(48 hour window). A few days ago I had 10 listings where I had sent offers. Now it only shows 2. Sorry, but not cool!!! Some sort of history is EXTREMELY important when sellers have large quantities of listings.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I haven't used the feature yet but I have read that some US sellers have been quite successful.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I believe that there is some sort of automatic restriction so that you can only send one offer per item to the same watcher.

tyler@ebay  could you please confirm if that is true?

What sort of history information do you want to see?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Offered price and date sent would work. With offers in the past, at least you knew who you were sending them to and you could tell if they were possible buyers or just sellers monitoring prices.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Hi @pjcdn2005 - the offers-to-watchers will allow for an offer to be sent up to the 10 most recent watchers - and only 1 offer per watcher is allowed (meaning you can't re-send offers).  Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Offers are supposed to be good for 48 hours. With the GTC meter does the offer end if the listing ends prior to the 48 hours or does it/should it roll over?

-Lotz

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Offers are supposed to be good for 48 hours. With the GTC meter does the offer end if the listing ends prior to the 48 hours or does it/should it roll over?

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - if the listing renews during the offer period it should not impact the current offer (it should roll over). 

If you end  the listing it will invalidate any outstanding offers.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

With GTC, the offer won't end until the 48 hrs has expired regardless if it's rolling over.  That's the purpose of GTC, the listing is active until cancelled.    

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay 

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciated. Wasn't sure if we needed to add the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMhiu7BPAt4

-Lotz

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@patphotog wrote:

Does anyone has a copy of the email (proposed offer) sent to the watcher by ebay ? It seems that the seller can not have a copy of that email forwarded to his inbox...or could we?

Here you go!

Subject line: "Seller offered a special discount [NUMBER]% on [ITEM TITLE]."

eBay Offer.jpg

Directly underneath this is a picture of the listing, followed by a hyperlinked item title, then five lines of information (i.e., Item ID, Buy It Now price, Your offer, Offer expires, Seller) and finally, two action buttons (Review offer and View item).

What I don't like is that any message that may have been attached to the offer doesn't appear in the email. Not sure if this is intentional or will be fixed in the future, because otherwise why give sellers the option to write a message if prospective buyers won't see it? At least now I know not to bother writing messages while using this feature, so hopefully that helps someone else too.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@nostalgicaftertaste 

Was adding a message also. Not so good if that is the case. If you see my earlier post to tyler it should also be good for 48 hours. Your example states 1 hour left. That still needs to be clarified. With GTC all listings should roll over and the offers still being active.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I've made around 4 or 5 sales this way and overall I like it. No dealing with lowball offers and don't have to go back and forth.

What I don't like is immediate payment does not apply for some reason, already had a non payer to deal with.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@nostalgicaftertaste 

Was adding a message also. Not so good if that is the case. If you see my earlier post to tyler it should also be good for 48 hours. Your example states 1 hour left. That still needs to be clarified. With GTC all listings should roll over and the offers still being active.

-Lotz

It's unfortunate. Hopefully that will change once they've straightened things out.

Yes, the listing in my example was due to roll over soon, but it has since regenerated and I can confirm the offer still stands for another day and 20 hours (although the email in my example showed 1 hour). It would be easier if it said 48 hours by default and didn't factor in how much time was left in the cycle, given that all listings are now GTC anyway so they will refresh regardless.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@nostalgicaftertaste 

On the flipside of this new feature I now call "Sending Offers to Random Strangers with Fingers Crossed," (SORSFC for short) I have a number of items in my watch list. Some intended for possibly buying down the road and others as research material. To date I have received a grand total of one offer for those many items. Some would be Canadian but majority would be US. US has had this feature forever. Curious if some sellers are extremely hesitant to attempt this feature. Hey, just a thought!!

-Lotz 

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

It might depend what platform they are using. When I'm on mobile with the eBay app they have a giant "send offer to watcher" button beside your listings so it is very obvious. On my desktop computer...well I'm not actually sure how you use the feature to be honest!

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

When you click the offer you intend to send, it then show's the postal charge before you second click it to send the offer, so you will know i believe who or where the offer is going, unless it defaults to the lowest shipping first, that i do not know.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Curious, I've sent out offers to buyers and been successful - I like the feature. Now I was watching some items and was sent an offer from a seller. Problem is I only received a notification from the mobile app. The notification disappeared and now can't find the offer. No e-mail in my inbox, and nothing on the listing when I go to it. It's like it's disappeared, but it's still the same valid listing, well within the 48 hour offer period. Where do these offers go? Thin air if you don't tap on the notification right away? 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply