Paypal Shipping Canadapost account not working

New today seems to be a requirement to sign up for, or use an existing canadapost account.

I get an error no matter if I sign up for a new canadapost account  or use an existing one I have.

Exact error: 

"Account number or postal invalid. Please check and try again.
Forgot account details? Click here to retrieve"

I tried taking spaces out of the postal code, same issue. Is this a new alpha feature that is broken in paypal?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Paypal Shipping Canadapost account not working

Hi bits-n-pieces,

Sorry that you have been experiencing issues with the PayPal labels platform.  Let me try to clarify a few points for you.

Quick question:  When you are trying to buy labels on the PayPal platform, are you going directly to PayPal, or are you getting to the labels via the "Print shipping label" buttons in My eBay?  There is a clear difference in experience in label printing via these two routes.  Just to be explicit:

- If you print a label on PayPal by clicking on "Print shipping label" in My eBay, you will be able to access all of the eBay-negotiated rates and services.  The discounts on these rates are typically better than you would get by using a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account, and there are additional services (like Light Packet) that are unavailable online in the CP SFSB program.

- If you go directly to PayPal (ie. any other route such as using a bookmark, Google search, typing in the address directly, etc.), you will not receive eBay-negotiated rates on PayPal, even if you are printing a label for an eBay transaction.  Through these channels, PayPal is showing CP SFSB rates, which may be the cause of the discrepancy you noted.

For more details you can take a look at our the related post on our Announcement Board.

Hope this helps?  Happy to clarify further if needed.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

The fix has worked for me - I can ship using Canada Post small packet Air service to the United States through the Paypal / Canada Post shipping tool linked from Ebay. 

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

Glad to hear it schlyguy!
Message 23 of 40
latest reply

The system is still not working properly despite ebay claiming that it is. Has anybody tried shipping Expedited Parcel USA lately? I've had the same problem for a few days now. If I attempt to ship an item via Expedited Parcel USA, it will allow me to go through almost the entire process of printing a label. But when I hit print, I get an error message stating that I cannot complete the label because the declared value of the item is less than the insured value. Expedited Parcel USA includes free insurance of up to $100.00 and there is no way to enter a lower insured amount. But if the item I am selling is worth $60.00 and I declare it's value as $60.00, the system will not allow me to ship because the declared value and insured value do not match?  This is dumb! Yes, I can up the declared value of the item to $100.00 and then it will allow me to print a shipping label. But I should not have to overstate an items value in the declaration in order to purchase and print a shipping label. Can ebay or Canada Post do something about this? And Quick!

I have used the snap ship a few times lately and it does work ok but it is a much slower process to print a label with that system

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

any updates?

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

@sledsandatvs wrote:

The system is still not working properly despite ebay claiming that it is. Has anybody tried shipping Expedited Parcel USA lately? I've had the same problem for a few days now. If I attempt to ship an item via Expedited Parcel USA, it will allow me to go through almost the entire process of printing a label. But when I hit print, I get an error message stating that I cannot complete the label because the declared value of the item is less than the insured value. Expedited Parcel USA includes free insurance of up to $100.00 and there is no way to enter a lower insured amount. But if the item I am selling is worth $60.00 and I declare it's value as $60.00, the system will not allow me to ship because the declared value and insured value do not match?  This is dumb! Yes, I can up the declared value of the item to $100.00 and then it will allow me to print a shipping label. But I should not have to overstate an items value in the declaration in order to purchase and print a shipping label. Can ebay or Canada Post do something about this? And Quick!

I have used the snap ship a few times lately and it does work ok but it is a much slower process to print a label with that system

Hi sledsandatvs,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  Can you give me a little more detail about your issue?  We have heard this from another seller, and I tried to replicate the problem on my end, but I can't seem to cause the same issue as you had.  See my post in this thread for details.

Can you let me know if you are getting this issue with Expedited Parcel?  Are you going to PayPal via the "Print shipping label" link on My eBay or are you going directly to PayPal to print your labels?  The experience is slightly different so this detail will help us identify and solve any issues.

Note that I have also forwarded this previous post to PayPal (last week) and will follow up with them to see if they have found any problems.  I will give an update when I receive one.

Thanks.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

@sledsandatvs,

I spoke with PayPal this am, and they have acknowledged that there is a bug in the Expedited Parcel insurance as you suggested.  Please note that this bug is only happening for sellers who go directly to PayPal to print labels, as opposed to clicking on "Print shipping label" on My eBay to enter the PayPal label printing flow.  A fix for this bug should go live overnight tonight.

Please also note that by going directly to PayPal to print labels, sellers are not receiving the eBay-negotiated rates and services.  PayPal only offers those rates and services if the seller initiates the label printing flow from My eBay.

Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I believe that the times I did attempt to print Expedited Parcel USA labels were all directly through my paypal. I'll try going through my ebay next time I sell and item to the USA that is going expedited. Regards, Peter

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

Sounds good Peter. Let me know if you come across any issues. Sorry for the confusion!
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. I TRIED TO SHIP TO AUSTRALIA. WHEN I "PRINT SHIP LABEL " ON EBAY I GET CPC VENTURE RATE $48. WHEN I BY PASS EBAY AND GO TO PAYPAL DIRECTLY THE RATE IS $45. THIS IS FRUSTRATING- TO SAY THE LEAST.
Message 30 of 40
latest reply

JUNE 08 2017 three weeks later and the problem is still there.
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

another new problem with paypal shipping labels

yesterday i printed a CPC shipping label on paypal 

when i took it to the post office they told me that "label didnt scan" and asked me did i use it before. I called CPC

Julie at c/s at CPC couldnt explain this and INFERRED THAT I HAD ALREADY USED THE LABEL  - IE FRAUD.

She put me on hold and spoke to the counter where I had dropped off the item. The clerk told julie that she had warned me the label didnt work - but I `missed this detailed explanation somehow when i was told that label didnt scan

I called Paypal and Justice confirmed that I had only printed the label once - not used it before and saw no problem.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING - YET ANOTHER GLITCH

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@cek12345678 wrote:
IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. I TRIED TO SHIP TO AUSTRALIA. WHEN I "PRINT SHIP LABEL " ON EBAY I GET CPC VENTURE RATE $48. WHEN I BY PASS EBAY AND GO TO PAYPAL DIRECTLY THE RATE IS $45. THIS IS FRUSTRATING- TO SAY THE LEAST.

This is for a package 251gr-500gr?  The small business/venture rate got that is $45.  The full price rate is around $57.  In this case, the small bus rate is better than the eBay rate so that's why your rAte directly on pp was better.

Label not scanning - I don't think it is a PayPal problem.   Are you sure the whole scan code is printing...is your ink fairly dark?  Or perhaps it is a CP problem but if that's the case we should hear about it happening to others as well.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

@cek12345678 wrote:

another new problem with PayPal shipping labels

yesterday i printed a CPC shipping label on PayPal

when i took it to the post office they told me that "label didn't scan" and asked me did i use it before. I called CPC

Julie at c/s at CPC couldn't explain this and INFERRED THAT I HAD ALREADY USED THE LABEL  - IE FRAUD.

She put me on hold and spoke to the counter where I had dropped off the item. The clerk told Julie that she had warned me the label didn't work - but I `missed this detailed explanation somehow when i was told that label didn't scan

I called PayPal and Justice confirmed that I had only printed the label once - not used it before and saw no problem.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING - YET ANOTHER GLITCH

Perhaps the label did not print correctly and the barcode was not readable.

One issue with printing PayPal labels from a browser is the browser page margin settings.  The label may be larger than the page margins boundaries and part of the label is truncated and lost. If part of the right margin chops off the end of the barcode, the barcode might not scan. It can just be one thin barcode missing at the end and the code might not scan.

If you can, check the barcode to see if it looks complete. Also make sure it is legible with no faded ink. If you put packing tape over the label, make sure there are no crease or wrinkles in the label.

You can also check your browser margin settings and make sure they are set to 0.5 inch all around and not 0.75 inch. This gives room for the label to print. Please note that changing the margins can cause issues with printing from the browser with narrow 0.5 inch margins. Packing slips and other documents printed from the browser will have a narrow left margin so be careful and remember this change in case you need to go back. Before changing the margins, write them down so you know what you had.

If margins is the issue, an alternative is just change the right margin only and make it small like 0.25 inch. This will give more overall width for the label to print yet not change the left margin to affect printing documents.

Another issue similar to this is printing a page (or PayPal label) from the browser is causing a second blank page to be printed.  The top and bottom margin are larger and the height of the label so it spills over into another page.  You can reduce the top and bottom margin to 0.5 inch and this should works. If you need a larger top margin, then just change the bottom margin to 0.25 inch.

Please note the above was discovered because I change my browser page margins once for printing non-eBay stuff, I did not realize that 1 inch margins that are typically used in word and most printed documents did not work well using a browser where 0.75 in is the default. I experimented a bit and found that 0.5 inch margins all around reduced any possible issues I had with eBay/PayPal so I stuck with that.

Also please note the above was true for old PayPal labels 2-3+ years ago. I have not printed a PayPal labels in years now (use discount postage stamps) and with all the changes with eBay shipping labels, it may not be an issue today.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

I always get thisd when trying to log to canada post through paypal:

Sorry, we’re unable to process your request right now. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-60017

A few weeks ago I used shippo because of that and shippo is very bad! I would like to ship thourgh paypal but I just can't log.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

@joce_strob wrote:

I always get this when trying to log to canada post through paypal:

Sorry, we’re unable to process your request right now. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-60017

... I would like to ship through paypal but I just can't log.

I assume you mean you can log into paypal, but are unable to buy a shipping label from the sale transaction?

Canada Post usually does computer maintenance on the weekend which can disrupt things. Just checked and parts of the Canada Post website are currently unavailable. Paypal computers do need connect to Canada Post computers as part of the shipping label process.

-..-

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

This is a load of gaslighting bull**bleep**. I have used eBay, Canada Post Venture One, Canada Post small business contract and PayPal shipping for many years. PayPal has problems sometimes that last from minutes to hours. It has nothing to do with your platform, or phone numbers or any other red herrings people throw out as solutions.

PayPal, just admit you have problems sometimes and stop gaslighting us and wasting our time.

ERRORCODE-60017

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Are you actually a rep of PayPal?

Because we have shipped ever since the PayPal ship program started, and:

ERRORCODE-60017 happens for minutes or hours with the same info

* inputting phone numbers doesn't fix it

* if it's for an eBay purchase, it doesn't work directly or indirectly

* if it's not for an eBay purchase, there is no workaround

* being told to twiddle between platforms just wastes time until PayPal Shipping works again.

Just someone please admit it's a PayPal problem and stop wasting our time.

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread -- if having current issues you can start a NEW thread rather than reviving an old one that is out of date.

@happy_pigeon

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

wrote:

Are you actually a rep of PayPal?

Because we have shipped ever since the PayPal ship program started, and:

ERRORCODE-60017 happens for minutes or hours with the same info

* inputting phone numbers doesn't fix it

* if it's for an eBay purchase, it doesn't work directly or indirectly

* if it's not for an eBay purchase, there is no workaround

* being told to twiddle between platforms just wastes time until PayPal Shipping works again.

Just someone please admit it's a PayPal problem and stop wasting our time.

You’re reply to  an 8 month old post so the problem you are having is probably not related as that was during a transition from ebay using PayPal to using Shippo.  Have you phoned PP about your problem?

Message 40 of 40
latest reply