Printing labels on PayPal for Canada Post and it will do all except Expedited USA?

I have tried for months to print shipping labels through EBay and PayPal for the Expedited USA Canada Post Labels only to get through the whole thing and it comes up with an Error and says try again. I have contacted PayPal a few times and they say it has nothing to do with them and maybe Canada Post just does not allow Expedited USA Labels? It does everything else and I used to be able to print them up? Shipping Expedited to the USA is a big part of selling on EBay, has anyone else had this problem? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Printing labels on PayPal for Canada Post and it will do all except Expedited USA?

I have had a lot of problems with the new version, I have tried several times, now I always go back to the classic. I hope they don't remove it.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Printing labels on PayPal for Canada Post and it will do all except Expedited USA?

What happens if you just back button and try again immediately?

Can you get as far as filling in all the info and then clicking on Calculate?

Does it tell you the cost of the Expedited USA label?

Can you then proceed?

Can you print?

Can you pull down your computer's Print instruction and will the label print from there?

(Until the most recent set of changes to the PP label function, I could never print labels. I could only go to the paragraph of bumpf where there was a blue 'reprint' label and print from there. That problem now seems to be fixed. I use Macs.)

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Which are you using?

PayPal's new shipping label experience or their older classic shipping label experience.

I use classic because my old version of firefox is unhappy when it comes to printing with the new method.

Also make sure you are above the minimum dimensions for Expedited USA.

Minimum: 21cm x 14 cm x 0.5 cm

The new method will accept values that are too small.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I guess my experience is with the new version which seems pretty smooth. Perhaps someone has a link to each version? Then the OP could try both?
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:
I guess my experience is with the new version which seems pretty smooth. Perhaps someone has a link to each version? Then the OP could try both?

Paypal has a direct link to the classic label process near the top of the new style label page.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I have had a lot of problems with the new version, I have tried several times, now I always go back to the classic. I hope they don't remove it.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you everyone, the old version did work and I hope they fix the new version.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have tried for the last couple days and see no where I can print a shipping label on the new site. I have tried the so called hidden ship new link and it just brings me to the previous signed in page. Logging out doesn't help, nor do I see a link, button or anything to access the old classic site?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

I have tried for the last couple days and see no where I can print a shipping label on the new site. I have tried the so called hidden ship new link and it just brings me to the previous signed in page. Logging out doesn't help, nor do I see a link, button or anything to access the old classic site?

Not sure what you are trying.

But the backdoor link to shipping on paypal was removed the at the end of July 2015 for Canadians. Only orders through ebay or paypal are now allowed to use the shipping function. I believe the "secret" ship-now link still works for Americans.

The link to classic shipping is from the new shipping page which can only be reached via a transaction's Print shipping label link. That link disappears when the transaction is marked as shipped.

-..-

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

The link to classic shipping is from the new shipping page which can only be reached via a transaction's Print shipping label link. That link disappears when the transaction is marked as shipped.

Correction: A little experimenting reveals a work around for the hidden link on a "shipped" transaction.

URL to use: www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/put-paypal-transaction-ID-here

-..-

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

But the backdoor link to shipping on paypal was removed the at the end of July 2015 for Canadians. Only orders through ebay or paypal are now allowed to use the shipping function. I believe the "secret" ship-now link still works for Americans.

Guess, that explains it. It wasn't a eBay or PayPal order. Ended up signing up for EST, but disappointed it does not offer any discounts on shipping, well it does if you are a high volume shipper.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Guess, that explains it. It wasn't a eBay or PayPal order. Ended up signing up for EST, but disappointed it does not offer any discounts on shipping, well it does if you are a high volume shipper.

Discounts are tiny for the small seller using Solutions for Small Business -- if I remember correctly the discount was zero to start, until Canada Post did their quarterly discount adjustment for my account. You have get to the $2500+/year level before before starting to get near to the PayPal discounts (and the $7500+/year level before doing much better).

-..-

Message 12 of 12
latest reply