Problems with UPS

I have a Zebra 450 printer for my shipping labels and just found out that the power pack has been recalled as it is unsafe and can create a fire.  The company is sending out a new one for free to replace the one I have and I have to send back my old one.  They are using UPS and they are in the US.   (Can you see the problem)

Now this is where the problems start.  Zebra gave UPS my address in Canada, however, UPS of course didn't put my name or my suite #.  I also get 2 taped messages from UPS that I need to provide them with my broker number and tax #, which I don't have.   They also state that they are going to return the item as I did not provide my suite #.  They also want to charge me a brokerage fee.  

I sent them a message that I would not be paying anything and that they can either send it to my US address or return it to sender and I will get the company to mail one to my US address.  

Everytime I have used UPS not by choice, they are useless.  

I have sent emails to UPS and Zebra.  Have you had any issues, how do I resolve this?

ups.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Problems with UPS

This is really the fault of Zebra, they could have sent it via UPS "free domicile" with all charges being billed back to them and with Zebra as the importer of record. They are also the ones that gave UPS an incomplete address.

But hey I'm not fan of UPS, they have caused me grief quite a few times.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Problems with UPS

What @recped said.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Problems with UPS

I am still dealing with this problem with UPS.  Zebra the supplier straightened out the address but now I get a message from UPS, delivery tomorrow and I have to pay $23.65 import fees.  I sent a message to Zebra that I may refuse the package and could they remail it to my US address.  They said they are working on it.

So I am at a loss here, should I just refuse the item from UPS and they will return it to the sender and then Zebra can remail it to my US address, or should I just bite the bullet and pay the $23.65 and save the hassle.  

Going to the US, I go once a month or two, it will cost me $2.00 US to pick up the parcel.  Gas, well we fill up in the US and basically save what it would cost in gas.   There is also the time, however we usually make a day of it.  

2365.jpgescallate.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Problems with UPS

How much is your time worth?

Here in BC  the minimum wage is 18 cents a minute.

How much time have you already spent on this hassle?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Problems with UPS

I decided to pay the UPS fee.  Not worth anymore of my time or energy.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Problems with UPS

I'm sorry. We are the mouse sleeping with the elephant.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Problems with UPS

I would keep any invoices/receipts and submit them to Zebra. You should not have been on the hook for their error with shipping incorrectly. Free Domicile should have been noted on the documents with no extra charges to you for what should have been a No Charge Warranty replacement part. It may take a call or 2 but you should get a refund....eventually. Best of luck!!

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply