Promo 500 Free Auction May 27 to June 5 by invitation only CDN

List up to 500 auction-style listings for FREE! Start Date * End Date

List auction-style, plus add BIN for free. Excludes 1-day and 3-day listing durations. Learn MoreMay. 27, 2017

12:51:50 am EDT

Jun. 05, 2017

11:59:59 pm EDT

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Promo 500 Free Auction May 27 to June 5 by invitation only CDN

This a generic promo that has been run several times this year.

The promo dates are tied to your eBay account -- so if it is not showing in the Promotions section when viewed on eBay.CA (offer will not show if viewed on .com) and no email -- then you do not have the invite this time.

Valid for 5, 7 and 10 day AUCTIONS

BIN is free for the promo -- but might get a listing fee if renewed after the promo is over.

Previous auction-only promo thread:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/ebay-CA-listing-promo-500-free-auctions-March-April-gener...

Other recent promos (on .CA):

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/New-Promo-Sell-now-and-save-20-discount-on-Final-Value-Fe...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/500-Free-Auction-or-Fixed-April-3-9-CDN/m-p/369799

-..-

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Happy that I got this promo, but unfortunately my laptop died... listing with my IPad is going to be difficult...
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 7.22.37 AM.png

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

... BIN is free for the promo -- but might get a listing fee if renewed after the promo is over....

-..-

Been there, fell for that. When I used Auction format to sell things five years ago, I more than once used a Promo like this to 'add Fixed Price to the listing for free' only to forget it was there on Relist and pay a fortune the next time. Be + aware = beware.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Excellent for those who can use the promo.

BFD for those who, for various reasons, can not. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Seriously CONFUSED!!! I got the promo --- email said 500... but only shows 250 available in my dash board... anyone else have this oddity???
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

And now the glitch is over and the proper #'s are showing 🙂
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Note listing needs to be for 10 days

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

To be eligible for the Promotion, the Auction excludes 1-day and 3-day listing durations. Or so it says. Which would mean any five- seven- or ten-day auction should be eligible. 

When I look at my own Promo History, however, I see only ten-day auctions being logged. I don't know if this is because that is the only auction duration that arose for renewal after the offer was activated, or if there's some kind of glitch. I'll know later today or tomorrow if my other auctions are being logged as part of the promo or not.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

To be eligible for the Promotion, the Auction excludes 1-day and 3-day listing durations. Or so it says. Which would mean any five- seven- or ten-day auction should be eligible. 

When I look at my own Promo History, however, I see only ten-day auctions being logged. I don't know if this is because that is the only auction duration that arose for renewal after the offer was activated, or if there's some kind of glitch. I'll know later today or tomorrow if my other auctions are being logged as part of the promo or not.

All of mine (so far) are 7 day (and free).

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I've had some others come up for renewal now and they too are seven-days and free.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it. Wish they would offer for com too.  Notice lately they don't offer for ca and com at the same time anymore.  Very disappointing.  Need free promos for 5000 or more, hopefully next time or the very near up coming months.  When I am done with 500, my thumbs twirling and waiting until the next month for my 500/1000. 

I am NOT willing to pay the insert fees anymore seeing that they are going to start to charge us taxes and the way I figure it is taking 1/4 each time.  100.00, they take $25.00, so on.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

" seeing that they are going to start to charge us taxes"

?????

Are you suggesting that with those thousands of listings you often refer to, and your posts over  the years suggesting you are a very experienced businessperson with substantial volume of business, you are not even selling Cdn$ 30,000 yearly?

I find that hard to believe.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

And resurrected again for June 16 to June 25.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

And resurrected again for June 16 to June 25.

Cool. So we get to see all the same dog**bleep** listed again that was listed from May 27 to June 5 that didn't sell. 

If at first it doesn't sell, relist it 5000 times. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@bozonet wrote:
If at first it doesn't sell, relist it 5000 times.

Exactly.

One reason GTC is a popular listing choice for sellers.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I'm lucky that my listings caught an eager buyer this time around. The buyer bought four listings, three of them at buy-it-now price (30% higher than starting bid) and one she won with one bid. 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply