Promo This Weekend

Is this what Ebay calls - The Ultimate Selling Weekend

List five items and pay only $1 in selling fees.  Whoopee Meanwhile our USA friends get 100 or even 500 free listing promos each month.  Canada needs to hire a new marketing person who dreams up this stuff.  Maybe if more Ebay employees actually sold goods on Ebay themselves they would see how ludicrous this Ultimate Weekend **bleep** really is. 

https://www.ebay.ca/rpp/selling-weekend

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Promo This Weekend

Thanks for heads up. Nothing in my eBay mail as of yet but offer cannot be activated until Nov 2nd if it is available. Tis nice when you get a advanced notice about these possible "exciting" offers.  wink

-CM

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have some higher priced items to list and this would help a lot. Just hope I get an invite as I haven't received a good promo offer in awhile.
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

That's no more than an excuse for a promo...next to useless.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

I got nothing, and all year it was next to nothing. Can use some free listing.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

Well, it’s better than a kick in the pants.
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

I did got this offer in my e-mail. It's better than nothing.
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

Better than nothing of course..........But when our USA friends get 100 or even 500 free listings each and every month its disgraceful for us Canadians to get these crumbs.  But life goes on. 

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

"Final value fees will still be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping)."

As it has been a couple of years since my last sale of a higher priced item on eBay, I have little faith in this promo being of any use to me, but I'll use the promo for something...

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

"Final value fees will still be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping)."

The text in bold and underlined is quite contradictory no?

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@lady.stark wrote:

The text in bold and underlined is quite contradictory no?

No it's not.

Final value fees (plural) will still be applied on both cost of item and on shipping.

Final value fee on value of item sold is $1.

Final value fee on shipping still applies.  Except for free domestic shipping (no FVF).

And ebay sales tax is still added to any final value fees.

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@skylarstuff

Sorry but I list on dotCOM and they get the same 50 Free Listings a month as non-Store sellers do here.

Could you show a link to one of those promotions with hundreds of free listings?

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@widgetc wrote:

That's no more than an excuse for a promo...next to useless.

Perhaps you don't understand this promo.  Useless?  No way.  In August I ran an auction for an item that sold for over $700.  I saved $80 in fees from that promo. 

Not useless.

I've got an item to list this weekend for $2200.....

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

This was for 100 Auction or fixed ended Sept 17 the link does not show much as its a generic one but I assure you it was a legit promo. I list on USA com as well but never get invited, but my friends in the USA do all the time each and every month a min of 100 listings.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/lcp/AuctionorFixed100.html

This was for 100 Auctions with buy it now ended Sept 8
https://pages.ebay.com/promo/lcp/Auction100.html

I will try and get the link for Oct which if memory serves me well it was for 500 free listings.
Problem I am having is since the promos are over and not live generic screens are coming up.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

Here is a link for the 500 free listings Oct 22 could not find the Ebay one as it expired

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2018/10/22/ebay-runs-free-listing-promo-as-holiday-shopping-ramps/

Go to the bottom of the link and you will see a seller mentioning also a promo for 100 free listings

7 days, no insertion fees:100 extra fixed priced listings!

Start: Oct 25, 2018 at 4:01 pm PDT End: Oct 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm PDT

Message 15 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

If listing on ebay.COM go to

My eBay (on .COM) >> Account >> Communication Preferences >> Promotions and Surveys

Make sure the Seller email promotions is checked off to get "emails about seller specials like fee and listing discounts"

-..-

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

Do you get .com promotions?  I used to but they stopped once this site changed to $C only.  I still list on both sites although mostly on .com.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

In my case I got a few .com promos after the C$ change over but then it all suddenly stopped and have not received any since.  I have a lot of USA based Ebay friends and they tell me about all of the promos they are getting EACH month while us Canadians hardly get any.  If any of you reading this thinks that the promos stopped because Ebay did not want to flood their site you are wrong.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

I know that there are still list sting promos on.com but I also know that there are always sellers there complaining that they never get them.  

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Do you get .com promotions?  I used to but they stopped once this site changed to $C only.  I still list on both sites although mostly on .com.

No. But then my promo email notification on the .com side wasn't turned on -- which I discovered when reading up about this side thread. I turned it on today -- will see if that makes any difference in the future.

-..-

Message 20 of 48
latest reply