Promo This Weekend

Is this what Ebay calls - The Ultimate Selling Weekend

List five items and pay only $1 in selling fees.  Whoopee Meanwhile our USA friends get 100 or even 500 free listing promos each month.  Canada needs to hire a new marketing person who dreams up this stuff.  Maybe if more Ebay employees actually sold goods on Ebay themselves they would see how ludicrous this Ultimate Weekend **bleep** really is. 

https://www.ebay.ca/rpp/selling-weekend

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Promo This Weekend

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Just sold one item I listed for this promo. They charged me $1 + tax for the item cost (great), but *also* for the shipping part. What? It should have been less than $0.50 for the shipping part! Not $1.15 Smiley Frustrated

There was one post in the forums before (early summer?) about this type of offer saying that the $1 was charged for each Final Value Fee.

Most Sellers wouldn't notice since tracked shipping is expensive (so shipping FVF normally would be above $1) and those with "free" domestic shipping do not have a FVF charged on shipping (so $1 is not charged).

The only question is if you saved on the total fees versus not using this offer.

-..-

From the terms and conditions: "However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping)."

I guess I'll have to contact customer service if I want the difference back.

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@lady.stark wrote:

Just sold one item I listed for this promo. They charged me $1 + tax for the item cost (great), but *also* for the shipping part. What? It should have been less than $0.50 for the shipping part! Not $1.15 Smiley Frustrated

Just change those listings to "Free" shipping (including domestic shipping cost into item price) and then you'd only need to pay $1 + tax wink

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@lady.stark wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

There was one post in the forums before (early summer?) about this type of offer saying that the $1 was charged for each Final Value Fee.

Most Sellers wouldn't notice since tracked shipping is expensive (so shipping FVF normally would be above $1) and those with "free" domestic shipping do not have a FVF charged on shipping (so $1 is not charged).

The only question is if you saved on the total fees versus not using this offer.

-..-

From the terms and conditions: "However, the final value fee will be $1 per item sold (excluding taxes and shipping)."

??? What are you contacting CS for? You're charged exactly what it says... $1 (+ tax) on your item FVF, and FVF on the domestic shipping.

Bottom line is, you saved money on FVF with this promo, no?

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@zee-chan wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

??? What are you contacting CS for? You're charged exactly what it says... $1 (+ tax) on your item FVF, and FVF on the domestic shipping.

Bottom line is, you saved money on FVF with this promo, no?

No I did not. The terms and conditions said the shipping is excluded from the $1 rule. I want my money back!

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

"Final value fees will still be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge — excluding any sales tax."

Final Value Fees  (PLURAL) apply to cost of item AND to cost of shipping & handling.

There are TWO final value fees on every sale EXCEPT when you have free domestic shipping.

-..-

Message 45 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

I think that she expected to pay 2 fees...$1 for fvf on the item and then pay either $1 or the regular fvf  on the shipping.  Like her, if I was charged $5 for shipping, I wouldn't expect to pay $1 fvf on it instead of .50.

Message 46 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I think that she expected to pay 2 fees...$1 for fvf on the item and then pay either $1 or the regular fvf  on the shipping.  Like her, if I was charged $5 for shipping, I wouldn't expect to pay $1 fvf on it instead of .50.

Thank you pjcdn2005.

That is exactly how I understood the terms and conditions. We'll see the response I get when I have time to ask my question to CS. Today was too busy at work.

Message 47 of 48
latest reply

Promo This Weekend

Just to clarify, how much did you charge the buyer on shipping? Was it less than $10, and that's why you're saying that eBay over-charged you? Sorry getting more confused here now. 

Now the other question is, is it worth your time to phone CS about it if you saved money over all? 

Message 48 of 48
latest reply