Question about store subscriptions

When the offer of 50,000 free listings came up a few months ago, I changed my premium store subscription to basic. Now I need to change it back to premium.

Is there a preferred date to do that? My invoice payment usually comes out on the 15th of the month, I don't know if I should do it before or after that date. Does it make any difference?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@triber wrote:

When the offer of 50,000 free listings came up a few months ago, I changed my premium store subscription to basic. Now I need to change it back to premium.

Is there a preferred date to do that? My invoice payment usually comes out on the 15th of the month ...

I'd wait until next Monday to see what ebay.ca has revealed in extra listings for stores.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-insertion-promo-coming-to-Canada-for-stores-subscrib...

Use up your current allotment of free listings before upgrading, as the upgrade resets the counter. 

Upgrading on the 13th will keep the prorated amount at the lowest level for you.  I say the 13th rather than the 14th since I  vaguely remember a thread where someone waited to the last day of the billing period and it did not switch over smoothly.

https://pages.ebay.ca/stores/subscriptionterms.html

When upgrading your Stores subscription:

• Fees for your current subscription for the current invoice month are prorated and the unused portion of your current subscription is credited back to you. Your upgraded subscription fee is also prorated for the current invoice month and your new upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
  • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment from the plan being canceled ends immediately. Any unused free-insertion-fee listings from your previous subscription allotment don't roll over.
  • You receive upgraded Stores benefits immediately. You receive your allotment of free-insertion-fee listings for the new upgraded subscription immediately.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@triber wrote:

Is there a preferred date to do that? My invoice payment usually comes out on the 15th of the month ...

I'd wait until next Monday to see what ebay.ca has revealed in extra listings for stores.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-insertion-promo-coming-to-Canada-for-stores-subscrib...

Use up your current allotment of free listings before upgrading, as the upgrade resets the counter. 

Upgrading on the 13th will keep the prorated amount at the lowest level for you.  I say the 13th rather than the 14th since I  vaguely remember a thread where someone waited to the last day of the billing period and it did not switch over smoothly.

https://pages.ebay.ca/stores/subscriptionterms.html

When upgrading your Stores subscription:

• Fees for your current subscription for the current invoice month are prorated and the unused portion of your current subscription is credited back to you. Your upgraded subscription fee is also prorated for the current invoice month and your new upgraded subscription is treated as a new subscription.
  • Your free-insertion-fee listing allotment from the plan being canceled ends immediately. Any unused free-insertion-fee listings from your previous subscription allotment don't roll over.
  • You receive upgraded Stores benefits immediately. You receive your allotment of free-insertion-fee listings for the new upgraded subscription immediately.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

ypdc-dennis. I am SO glad that you suggested I wait and see if there was an offer coming up. Just got the one for 10,000 free listing until the end of the year, one of the categories is Crafts, covers about 90% of my listings. So I don't need to update my basic store.

You saved me a lot of money and I appreciate it

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

A great example of why spending some time on these boards can save time/$$$/headaches for folks!!!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I agree, I get so much help here.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The link won't open again for me, "they looked everywhere"!

Does anyone know if this is 10,000 free listing every month until the end of the year, or 10,000 total for the 5 months?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@triber 

Mine was available to activate in Sellers Hub (dot ca/dot com) and shows 

Additional 50K Free Insertions in Select Categories

Aug 8 to Aug 30

It's possible the 50 K is connected to store size.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Mine says Additional 10K Free Insertions in Select Categories from 8/8/20 to 9/1/21. That is plenty for me, but I have seen some craft sellers with very high numbers of listings. I just wondered if it was for the total or monthly.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

So are you seeing in Seller Hub that the new bonus listings are being applied to both .ca and .com the way our store listings usually do? I was expecting that they might only be for .ca based on all the changes rolling out for MP. I've got to upgrade my store one way or the other but I wasn't sure whether to close my .com and move back over to .ca or if the upgrade on .com would work just as well. Also waiting to see if they spell that out for us in an announcement this week.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

By all accounts those bonus listings will be monthly now so it should reset monthly.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

We are pleased to offer all sellers with a current eBay Basic store subscription an additional 10,000 zero insertion fee listings per month on qualifying items until the end of the year*.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Under promotional offers in sellers hub it spells out that the offer is available on .ca, .com and on .cafr.    Typically that would mean 10,000 on .ca or .cafr and 10,000 on .com but I'm not sure if that is how it will work.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply