Question for opening a store?

Hi guys,
I would like to ask if I open a store, will I be charged for the $.30 or any insertion fees for listing in fixed?
I sell mainly in cloth.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Question for opening a store?

They give you 150 free listings for a month, but only in certain categories. However, I just listed all of my stuff and as long as I chose auction with no buy it now OR just buy it now I was not charged anything to list.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I took a look at your listings. Quite the mark up you have there. I can get things at Forever 21 for way less.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

A basic store gets 150 free listings per month. Any listings after that, per month, are at a discounted rate. After you use up your 150, it is 20¢ per listing.

Plus, store owners often get additional free promos.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@jg01302 wrote:

They give you 150 free listings for a month, but only in certain categories. However, I just listed all of my stuff and as long as I chose auction with no buy it now OR just buy it now I was not charged anything to list.

That is not my understanding if the new rules.

Without a store, you have 100 free auction listings. If you want to have fixed price items, you will need to pay $0.30 in certain categories.

With a basic store, you have 150 free listings and they can be fixed price or auction. Doesn't matter which category you use.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

'Mr. E.' and 'ladystark' are correct.  The recently implemented category restrictions apply only to non-store listings. 

With a store, you get 150 free listings per month on either eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca (or any combination, up to 150), either auction type, or fixed price (including GTC), and there are no category restrictions.  Sellers with stores on eBay.ca can also take advantage of the additional 150 free listings on eBay.com (but remember that shipping options will be different). 

To see where you stand in terms of the number of free listings left available to you, check your seller "Summary" page, under "Promotional Offers".  You will see the tally of how many of your store listings you've used up for the current month and how many are still available.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

"With a store, you get 150 free listings per month on either eBay.ca or cafr.eBay.ca (or any combination, up to 150),"

???

I get a total of 300 (150 each on eBay.ca/cafr and eBay.com)

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Pierre, if you had read the second sentence after your quote, you would have seen Rose did say the same thing as you. 😉

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You are correct. 

That is what happens when I read quickly and post first thing in the morning before my first coffee. 

I should know better! Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It looks like its finally time to move forward with a store. My question is now, Do I open it on .ca or.com?  I see I will get reports on .ca but not.com  but I dont know if thats important to me.  On dot.com I will be listing on usd which I do anyways. Maybe I should open a store on .com and set up a 2nd account on .ca to sell in Cad $.  Assistance with this would be apprecdiated.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

There is a store special going on at $5.95 a month for a 4 month trial then you can opt out or commit to a 1 year contract at 15.95 a month billed monthly for a year. You may quality even if you do not have an invitation. Just click on the link in this topic.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/5-95-store-promo-offer/m-p/303025

Here is the eBay.ca promo to get a store on ebay.ca Canada.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0224/getastore.html

Her is the link for ebay.com

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/0224/getastore.html

On eBay.ca you can list in C$ or US$. If you open on eBay.ca you get billed $15.95 a month in C$ saving 20% exchange rate if you get the store on eBay.com and pay $15.95 in US$.

I would open on eBay.ca.

When you decide, click activate offer in the link. This will accept you the promotional rate but not open the store. You will have another link to subscribe and a chance to back out if you want.

I do hope the promo offer works for you. Post back what happens.

PS Wait for more opinions before going ahead with the store. Do activate the promo offer if you can.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Most of my listings are on dotCA because of shipping.

While I use Flat Rate and Free Shipping a lot, I sell in the Media categories and on dot COM I would only be able to use Flat Rate (or free) Shipping. In Media categories that is a maximum of $4.00 USD.

This is a problem when the items cannot be sent LetterPost/LightPacket. I shipped a paperback yesterday at a cost of $10.30 in postage.

Your bulky helmets may need several rates depending on the location of the buyer. So dotCA which allows Calculated Shipping could be a better choice for you.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I've never tried to open a store on .com but for some reason I thought that a seller registered in Canada could not open a store on .com. But I could be wrong...it won't be the first time. 

For the OP - If you open your store on .ca you can still list on .com and vice versa so I don't think it makes much difference although poco does bring up a good point that you would be charged in Cdn$ if the store was on .ca and if you were billed in Cdn $.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I see I will get reports on .ca but not.com

Which reports do you mean? If they are on selling manager you can download selling manager on .com. It works with the .ca version.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply