Random non-descript Neutral Feedback. How would you address?

I sold an item ages ago and yesterday recieved a neutral feedback. -- "." -- That's all, a period.

This is our first neutral in nearly 20 years of selling. No reasons and a full month after they recieved the item.

The buyers FB record is atrocious basically all neutrals and negatives most for "not recieving the item" (we made sure there was tracking!), if they put in an offer instead of purchasing outright they would have been denied and blocked.

No seller has left them a feedback either which is frankly strange. (Our policy is to leave a positive for positive experiences after the item has arrived and we have in some way heard back form the seller, we activley encourage discussions.) And no seller has left a response, also strange.

The item was quality, reasonably priced, as described and pictured, and arrived expediently. What more can they ask for? If they didn't like it, we accept returns.

Should I Appeal? Reply politely? Request Revision? I don't beleive we have grounds to Report this buyer as they haven't actually violated anything other than basic civility.

Can I reply with, "The item was quality, reasonably priced, as described and pictured, and arrived expediently. What more can you ask for? Nobody reached out to us about any issues, we accept returns. (Non-descript FB left a month after receipt. FB records tell all.)"

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have received the likes of these in the past as neutrals and more often as positives. 

My own personal approach is to leave them as is and I don't reply to them. A "." or "n" or "o" or "-" doesn't really say anything either way, it's not a negative.

I might respond with something words wise if it was negative, although see note below re "relvance" now.

If I was responding I wouldn't put the first sentence of your response in as that is your/seller opinion, clearly not the buyers. I try very much to avoid the word "you" in any of my responses. Something like "This feedback a month after receipt was the only response from the buyer. We acccept returns and are happy to work with buyers to resolve any issues".

Having said this, IMO putting a big response draws more attention to it. 

I mentioned in a different thread that with this new "most relevant" feedback approach nobody but the most investigative folks will ever see it anyway as it gets put way down the list.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ignore it.

The buyer is already annoyed at being prompted to leave any feedback.

Neutrals do not affect your feedback rating.

EBay does not use FB to assess member accounts.

DO NOT FOR GHU'S SAKE LEAVE THAT INSULTING THIN-SKINNED PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE MESSAGE.

Move on.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm inclined to ignore it as well. 👍

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I think that ignoring is the best way to go.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Its a neutrual and a " . " it means nothing other than...

...when you sign or send someting like that as a message it means, THE END.

Move on, they have!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ebay feedback system is outdated and needs a complete overhaul.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@allancollects wrote:

eBay's feedback system is outdated and needs a complete overhaul.

What do you feel are the weaknesses in the current system and what are your suggestions for improvements, @allancollects?

(You may wish to start a new thread on this as your post is a little off-topic.)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

My guess would be a buyer who is mildly annoyed by eBay constantly reminding them, but polite enough not to take it out on you.

No feedback is used by eBay to assess member accounts. There is no effect on your rating/% from a neutral.

And because there is no effect on your rating, your future customers will have no opinion about it either.

Just ignore it.  Any Response is worse than no Response.

And that would be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad response.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply