Reminder: Ship 1 package free every Tuesday in October with Canada Post

Every October, Canada Post offers one free shipping label every Tuesday if you use Snapship. 

You create the label as you normally would and enter a promo at checkout. The promo for today is OCT3. Every week the promo is usually formatted as OCT and then the date.

They also have free pickups all October if scheduled using Snapship. 

I am sure most people here already know about the promo, but this. might save someone who hasn't heard about it $20. 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday.page?ecid=disp...

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Reminder: Ship 1 package free every Tuesday in October with Canada Post

byto253
Community Member

Looking for the far north address and info to send donations to.  It looks like the free ship for tomorrow is available so would like to make use of it. 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Also a reminder to use your "Bonus" shipment if you haven't already (not on Tuesday, obviously).

I saw others sharing images of a card they received in the mail advertising Free Ship Tuesdays and also telling them they get one bonus free shipment for using the promotion last year. I didn't get one of those cards, or an email, so I assumed I wasn't eligible for the bonus shipment for some reason. But I decided to give it a shot today using Promo Code BONUS22 and lo and behold, it worked!

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

This is what happened to me Today trying to use Free Tuesday for Small Bussines  Expedited Parcel inside Canada.

This is  first time  since CP introduce free Tuesday I tried to use that  free shipping.

I spent 2 hours to create shipping label , first they asked me to put Credit Card Information and Pay.

Then I was able to create label, never get confirmation .

Went to  2 different CP PO , Clerks wasn't able to use code , said   must to do it online .

Called CP Customer Service , said that they do not print for Customers , go to Staples.

I bought Flat Rate Box, the Clerk  didn't give me Tracking # . Gave me Receipt from buying Flat Box .

Again called CP CS , told me thet Tracking must be on the bottom on receipt beside bar code.

What a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ! 

Never used free shipping  - never will. 

Spend more $  for fuel  than that  shipping cost . Waste of time and nerves .

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

No we can't . I tried doesn't work from PO. Must to do it online.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@dinomitesales 

Do you happen to know how long after I print my Free Shipping Tuesday label I have to actually ship the item? I'm asking because I have recently had surgery and may not be able to get out to a post office for a while. I kind of remember someone saying that the tracking number was good for about 60 days.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@byto253 

Here are the addresses that @femmefan1946 gave out last year :

Kataujaq Safe Shelter, Rankin Inlet, NU X0C 0G0

Women Shelter Apex, 3118 Aiggilii Aqqut, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0

Inuvik Transition House Society 20 Tumma St, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0

i think it's a great idea to do this.

@byto253 wrote:

Looking for the far north address and info to send donations to.  It looks like the free ship for tomorrow is available so would like to make use of it. 

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

No they don't, not that I know of. Better to print the labels through ebay for a better discount. I have a small business account thru CP and I think we get 5% off, not a lot. I use the flat box rate most of my bags. That saves quite a bit than if I were using my own packaging.  A bit ridiculous to me as its another object polluting the environment instead of reusing a box I already have. Not sure on reasoning behind that as its practically the same weight, maybe not the same dimensions but still.  

On the lite parcel now, does that mean that we should update all our listings that qualify for this rate. Its a good thing as shipping costs play a big role in whether we sell or not. 

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

@dinomitesales 

Do you happen to know how long after I print my Free Shipping Tuesday label I have to actually ship the item? I'm asking because I have recently had surgery and may not be able to get out to a post office for a while. I kind of remember someone saying that the tracking number was good for about 60 days.

Just make sure you print it out (or at least save it to a PDF) within 5 days of creating the label.

It should remain valid for a very long time, something like a year if I recall correctly, but Canada Post doesn't advertise the exact length of time it's good for.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

That's too bad you couldn't take advantage of the Free Tuesdays. I know it is a pain at first to get used to the set up and you do have to give a credit card even though they don't ever use it but when it works it is worth the hassle. I have taken advantage of it every year, every week including last year allowing Tracked Packet USA and it really does seem simpler once you've done it a few times. I had a small snag this year mysel as I didn't realize the credit card they had on file had expired and it took me a few tries to figure it out.

I print my labels at home (with a cheap Canon printer I bought about 5 years ago and is still working!) but I know I've seen people with their QR codes at the post office in line get it done there. I go to Canada Post outlet at Shoppers. If you didn't get confirmation email (which is where the code would also be) something must have gone wrong. Here is blurb about it from Canada Post website:

Prepare your package at home and ship it across Canada, to the US or anywhere in the world. Create, pay for and print your shipping label online. Then drop it off at any post office. Don’t have a printer? Prepare and purchase your label online, then visit a post office with your email receipt on your mobile device – we’ll print the label for you.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Been unable to use the free shipping this year at all. Never an option for Expedited Parcel, only Regular/Xpresspost or Priority, so no way to add the code. 

It's really weird, since the parcels I have tried with are all going within Canada, and are under the size requirements.

Feels like every year, this free ship Tuesdays becomes more cumbersome to use.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply

I had no problems using it again this year and was very lucky I was able to use them all.

You do have to use Expedited Parcel option (it's the one the freebie is attached to) but it is usually defaulted to regular parcel, you just have to click the box with Expedited on step where you enter package info size and weight. You're right you can't add code on Regular, Xpress or Priority. You have to add to cart and I know it looks like you are going to pay (the regular amount shows) but the tiny (it is tiny) box where you put the code is on the last screen before you actually submit, as soon as code is entered the numbers go to zero, it's the same page you confirm your credit card (which they don't use but you have to put it anyways). Not sure if this helps if you get another to try, the day is still young.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Are you signed in to Canada Post when you go to make the label? Expedited will only show as an option if you are signed in to your SfSB account.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

I was able to use three labels for business this year.

And two of those were for DH to ship some high value stamps to an auction.

Still I don't often use packages or labels so that was about as many as I normally would use.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I used half of them (3):  2 normal + 1 bonus. Everything went smoothly. 😊

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

No applicable sales so I was unable to use any of the the free Tuesdays, although DH was able to use 4 out of the 6...

My clothing "donations" are local, so no shipping of those either...

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

I've managed to use 5 free labels so far (4 plus the bonus one) and have more to ship today (not on this ID) so will use my last one later this evening. I really appreciate getting these freebies from Canada Post!

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Thank you to those who shared the BONUS22 code. It saved me $20.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply