Reminder: Ship 1 package free every Tuesday in October with Canada Post

Every October, Canada Post offers one free shipping label every Tuesday if you use Snapship. 

You create the label as you normally would and enter a promo at checkout. The promo for today is OCT3. Every week the promo is usually formatted as OCT and then the date.

They also have free pickups all October if scheduled using Snapship. 

I am sure most people here already know about the promo, but this. might save someone who hasn't heard about it $20. 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday.page?ecid=disp...

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

12:15am:  "Sorry, but there is a technical issue stopping us from continuing. Please try again."

It may take a number of tries before the "The promo code has been applied to the qualifying weight of your shipment." message appears.  My third attempt worked. Saved $19 versus sending using discounted stamps.

😁

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Mine worked first time, saved $28, 2.2kg Nova Scotia to Calgary

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

can you get the promo code and thereby the free shipment at the post office when you have abusinees account - i only use counter post office services??- can never get anything online at the post office to work

thanks for the tips over the years  

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Have to sigin in and use snap ship.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

When you create a label, you will receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail associated with your Canada Post account. Included in that e-mail is a QR code. You can show the QR code to the person at the Post Office. They can use it to print the label for you.

If the issue is that you do not have a scale, the weight limit is 5KG. I am unsure of the volumetric weight. You should be able to put in a high weight and be slightly generous with the LxWxH and still get 0 dollar shipping. You want to guess high in case your package is re-assessed by Canada Post.

It only takes a few minutes to register for an account. There are 5 Tuesdays in October. That could represent a savings of 100 dollars or more. In my opinion, it is worth doing. 

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Does CP actually offer better rates than on ebay? Made a business account 2 years ago and never used it. With tracking on small packages being under $8 now with expedited lite, for some people i'm not even sure that free label is worth the time figuring.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

They have different savings tiers that are based on the volume that you do. You need to ship quite a bit to unlock the top savings level.

In general, they won't be cheaper than eBay for most people. Flat rate boxes might be cheaper in unique cases (smaller heavy items that are shipped cross country). If you buy your flat rate boxes online through the Canada Post store while logged in, they will apply the purchase to your savings level.

It is still worth having a Snap Ship account because there are certain things you can do when printing a label with Snap Ship that you cannot do on eBay. An example is that you can mark a package 'Do Not Safe Drop' or 'Card For Pickup'. Which are both good security features if you send a very expensive or unique item that you do not want left at the customer's door. This is not something I would do for every package, but it might come in handy at one point. 

You also receive a proper tax invoice for GST/HST purposes, which eBay doesn't seem to be doing (unless I just can't find it). If you are registered for GST, this amounts to a discount since you can claim the GST as an input tax credit (5-15 percent depending on the destination province). 

Still, this promotion is 5 free labels during October. That will be $100 or so in savings for most people.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

12:27AM Oct 10 currently not working, guess the sites still on holidays!

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

2:20am EDT - code OCT10 worked with no problems.

Saved around $13. I normally would have used registered lettermail for today's lucky package. 

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Got it to work around 330am printed it and headed to bed lol. Saved 29.00

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

I've never encountered s-o-o-o many screens for what should be a snappy one page process.

Other than that 'shipping-for-dummies' workflow, clear sailing here too...

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Bumped because today is another free shipping Tuesday.

The code should be OCT17.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

That is the code, used it today.  

Did any one else get a card in the mail giving you a Bonus FREE shipment to use anytime during October?  It says "As a thank you for participating in last year's Free Shipping Tuesdays program we're giving you an exclusive extra free package."

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

The email I received from Canada Post near end of September, gave details for the extra free  promo code that is good anytime during October.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply

"Did any one else get a card in the mail giving you a Bonus FREE shipment to use anytime during October?  It says "As a thank you for participating in last year's Free Shipping Tuesdays program we're giving you an exclusive extra free package."

Yes, I got mine in September and used it then (not on a Tuesday). It can be used any day of the week in addition to the free Tuesdays.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

My freebie email said I can use the extra bonus any day from Sept 19 until end of Oct. Note, there are 5 Tuesdays in Oct this year.  Thank you CP for the 6 freebies.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed there were 5 Tuesdays, nice bonus!

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

Did any one else get a card in the mail giving you a Bonus FREE shipment to use anytime during October?  It says "As a thank you for participating in last year's Free Shipping Tuesdays program we're giving you an exclusive extra free package."

Got the card (and an email) with the BONUS22 code.  Used it today (Wednesday) and saved $17.   😁

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I always make use of some of the free shipping Tuesdays but this year I was surprised that I did not get an email or a card in the mail advising me of the dates. Seemed strange. Maybe I didn't mail enough using Snap Ship this year?

Message 20 of 37
latest reply