S24 not approved to sell in Canada

What is going on with this phone, why is it not allowed to be sold on eBay?

It was officially released yesterday.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Do you have it in your hands?

Or are you hoping to buy a phone once you have found a customer for it?

Do you have a Managed Payments account?
Without that eBay cannot transfer your possible customer's payment to your checking account once the 30 day Hold for new and occasional sellers times out.

Until you've been selling for 90 days and sold 25 items your payments will be held until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking. They can hold the payment for the full 21 days if you're selling in a high risk category. 

Do you know about eBay's VeRO program which works with brands and manufacturers to protect their image?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@nvitaterna wrote:

@nvitaterna 

It's always a good idea to build up a bit of reputation before trying to sell anything of very high value. eBay wants to know you are reliable as far as sellers go. That may have something to do with the reason for your listing being blocked. Especially something like new tech recently released. 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@nvitaterna wrote:

I suspect that IS the reason.

A couple of possibilities......

1 - Samsung asked eBay to block sales (if so probably only for the intial rollout period)

2 - eBay decided that the risk of scams on a brand new just released phone is too high for their comfort level.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Has this type of thing happened before? How long will the sales be blocked? 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@lawrency-9 

New sellers don't always realize that until you've been selling for 90 days and sold 25 items your payments will be held until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking. They can hold the payment for the full 21 days if you're selling in a high risk category. 

There are also restrictions on the number and value of listings.

That steam deck you have sold three times is why.

Either you had three of them, or more likely you got two thrill bidders/scammers when you tried to auction them .

And the restrictions are there to protect you.

You are only allowed to list up to a certain value or number of items in a 30 day period.

Also.
The steam deck seems to have a stable market price.

There is no point in trying for auction. Less than 15% of eBay transactions are auctions.

You would be better off with Fixed Price /Immediate Payment Required, which keeps your listing visible until someone actually pays for it .

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

My eBay account is over 10 years old. The message says "the phone is not approved for sale in Canada".

If you search for s24 phones they are nowhere to be found on eBay so it seems to be site-wide...
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thank you, this is what I figured.

And thank you for actually reading the post and writing a reply rather than copy pasting a canned response that is irrelevant.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

This new model of phone was just released and therein lies WHY it is not yet allowed to be sold on eBay...

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It has almost been a month, why is eBay still blocking sales of S24? It does not look like eBay is blocking sales in other countries only Canada? 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Not everything is eBay's fault!

IF and WHEN these phones are allowed to be sold on eBay OR if and when YOU are allowed to list/sell on eBay, best be aware that IF you were to list/sell such an expensive item, because you have no recent selling experience, eBay will provide you with listing limits & restrictions, payment holds up to 30 days,etc. etc. Best do your homework and learn about this thing called P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E  because you will need it as it would seem that may be lacking, if your posts here are any indication of your mindset.....

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm finding Canadian listings.  Mind you, I started off by doing a Google search and went on from there.

Looks like one bright light is selling theirs for C$900 with a shipping charge of C$1000.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

One or more of Bell, Telus, Rogers etc probably negotiated an exclusive release.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The phone can be purchased off the Samsung website, so it doesn’t seem to be a case of letting the carriers have first crack at it, but as it is considerably more expensive in Canada than it is in the States, there may be something going on to discourage purchases of new, unlocked devices.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply