Sales dropped off a cliff on Friday.

I have been selling quite well for July, at least 2 or 3 a day, so far 30 sales up to Thursday July 13.  Now nothing, usually each weekend I would have at least 5 to 6 sales.  It is like ebay turned my lights off.  I'm wondering if other have noticed or is it only me?

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Part of the new page on .com.  Lots of good info. 

new page.jpgnet profit.jpg

Message 41 of 131
latest reply

Yargh.
Message 42 of 131
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Update:  Sales have been steady all month with a couple of days of no sales, every few days.  According to the Sales record, the best sale days are Tuesdays, then Sundays.  Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays are days without any sales.  Below is my sales record.  The blue are sales made.   You have to remember I sell CD's that are usually under $10.  The figures below are also US $.7

Maybe the Tuesday phenomena is a holdover from the days when people bought cds at retail. I quite fondly remember selling thousands of units in a single day. Now artists are lucky if they sell thousands of units period.

It's a bit of you aren't seeing Friday/Saturday sales as those are typically peak active days for us buyers, but it may be the demographic within your category.

Sales have hit an uptick here after a slow month. Fri/Sat/Sun sales were about half of what the rest of the month looked like. Only correlation seems to be higher listing page views (listing page views double of typical "slower' day, but impressions were only maybe 20% higher). Over half of transactions were multi-item transactions.

Message 43 of 131
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Harrumph. Must be nice to have metrics. Grumble grumble eBay Canada. 

All part of the seller hub, which was supposed to launch at some point in Canada.

Message 44 of 131
latest reply

I remember. Still waiting.
Message 45 of 131
latest reply

It was slated for "later this summer " as I recall.
Message 46 of 131
latest reply

music -- where is the Selling Costs section?  I've never seen that.

Message 47 of 131
latest reply

costs.jpg

Message 48 of 131
latest reply

Thanks very much.  I don't know how I missed that.

It's helpful in some respects I guess; however, I noticed that it doesn't include Subscription (Store) fees, or labels not purchased through eBay.  With shipping labels being purchased from various sites -- PayPal, Shippo or Snap Ship -- you would have to manually factor those expenses in.  Personally I'm still using Snap Ship and paying with my credit card (at least until July 31st when their promotional discount ends). 

Message 49 of 131
latest reply

I'm not using the sellers hub, I've managed to avoid it so far but even if you are not listing on .com you should still be able to get the hub on .com and use it for the info. I'm sure the info goes back and forth between the two sites just like it does on selling manager.  Just a thought...

Message 50 of 131
latest reply

Seller Hub on dotcom applies only to the listings created on that site when I last checked a week or two ago.
Message 51 of 131
latest reply

Mine shows both listing created on .com and .ca.  

Message 52 of 131
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Seller Hub on dotcom applies only to the listings created on that site when I last checked a week or two ago.

That corresponds with my experience. The sales history only tracks sales made on .com in my case.

Message 53 of 131
latest reply

I'll post my dotcom screenshots of no data later today.
Message 54 of 131
latest reply

This is what I see from the Selling Manager on ebay.ca:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 8.10.32 AM.png

While the Seller Hub on ebay.com is a big ole pile of zilch because literally none of my listings have been created on ebay.com:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 8.12.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 8.12.22 AM.png

So if one listed on ebay.ca and ebay.com, they would need to be careful when analyzing their sales data on the Seller Hub because it only manipulates dotcom-created listings. 

Message 55 of 131
latest reply

Although I list on both .ca and .com, and have about the same amount of listings on both, most of my sales are on .com. I only have a few sales on .ca so maybe that's why I haven't noticed that my .ca listings are not included.  I will check the next time I make a sale on .ca to see if it logs it.  

Thanks for the heads up.

Message 56 of 131
latest reply

How do you define 'sold'? If you list on both eBay.ca and eBay.com, do you consider it sold by its currency? Or do you consider buyer location and probable site bought on? There are multiple variables. You might have a listing created in USD bought by a buyer from UK who found it while shopping on eBay.ca. So what site do you consider that to be sold from?
Message 57 of 131
latest reply

And, more importantly, where do you find the data that indicates which eBay the buyer was signed into at time of purchase? I've not seen it displayed.
Message 58 of 131
latest reply

And what about sold and then cancelled orders.

Ebay includes those in my seller stats.

They should be removed once cancelled or the stats are totally useless numbers and $s

Message 59 of 131
latest reply

Yes. The available data has its limitations. One would need to monitor the Cancellations and Unpaid Item strikes where they are recorded elsewhere and adjust the figures accordingly.

I find the best way to manage sales performance records is to download Paid and Shipped from the File Management Centre on the first of each month. Then it's a matter of simply adjusting the data for Returns, where applicable. For me, that's less than 1.5 percent of transactions.
Message 60 of 131
latest reply