Search Box Problems, is anybody having issues?

I am having problems with my store search box.  If I type a date into the box it shows 0 results.  I have almost every date listed between 1920 and 2013 but none show up if I search for them..   Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?  If someone has the time can they double check this for me....maybe it is just my browser.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Search Box Problems, is anybody having issues?

Hmm.

I went to your view items and it worked ok, then I realized oops I should have gone to the store.

I went to the store and tried a date, and all that was in the search was some on sale USA mercury head coins.

Then I tried searching just for "coins". It returned a bunch.

Then I tried a date and it worked.

Then I left your store, came back to try to recreate the strange first result and I couldn't, the dates work fine now.

Am wondering if the on sale stuff is overriding when someone first shows up in the store??

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks ricarmic, the box now seems to work for a date.  Now I'm wondering why eBay brings up non related items in the search results such as an 1857 flying eagle cent when I type "1920" into the search box. ...oh well, at least something is showing now......thanks for an outside clarification.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It might be because they are in the eBay category that includes 1920 - I know that within my store, if I search for a word that is also included in one of my store categories, I get the items with that word in the title and the listings that are in the store category with the title..... yours is different but I noticed that the returned US ones in my search are in the category that would include 1920.... that's my best guess.....
Message 4 of 4
latest reply