Seller Hub

Any one know how its going to be possible to avoid eBay seller hub when eBay force it on sellers on July the 2nd against their wishes. Like every seller I know  I have been wasting time on eBay trying to avoid and getting back to My eBay:All Selling

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Seller Hub

But only the Seller Hub allows you such valuable insight as this:

With sales skyrocketing one thousand per cent, you'd think I'd'be a zillionaire by nowWith sales skyrocketing one thousand per cent, you'd think I'd'be a zillionaire by now

Hahahaha. Sigh.

Message 21 of 56
latest reply

when a seller only has the occasional sale, such information is so totally useless and a waste of time to even look at,  so really what do I care about Seller Hub...

However, I am happy for all you sellers that do enjoy using the Seller Hub, despite its need for better and/or additional tools and information.

Message 22 of 56
latest reply

I was going to say something similar mrdutch. I don't see the point of this, except to be a pat on the back when sales improve, and a downer when sales are decreasing.

Message 23 of 56
latest reply

My posted screenshot was meant as a joke. Clearly for people like me who don’t have hundreds of sales daily, the metric is fairly meaningless. And if I was a seller who sold hundreds of items daily, if already have sales management software that told me this. It’s like the Hub is supposed to make us feel like we’re all bigger and more important than we really are.
Message 24 of 56
latest reply

I assumed the post was in jest but I was also pointing out how useless the Seller Hub really is for some of us, yet of some value to others...

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

@great_junque_finds wrote:
I'm a US seller who also lists on the Canada site. I don't use the Hub and I'm hoping this change on the Ca site doesn't bump me into having to use the Hub on the US site as well.

Seller Hub has been on .com for a while now. You can't opt out of it. How did you manage that?

I’ve never been opted in to sellers hub on  either site so I’m still using selling manager on both sites.

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay has LIED to us when they said we can opt in and opt out and all of sudden it is becoming a primary mandatory!  Shame on eBay for lie to us.

It is the most HORRIBLE format and very messy.  The old format is way much easier to handle and read easy comparing to this HORRIBLE format.

Why eBay forcing this HORRIBLE format is beyond me!  Those people who invent and created it are insane!

Message 27 of 56
latest reply

eBay never said you would be able to opt in or out forever!

For every person who doesn't like the Hub there is another person who likes it and a third who doesn't really care.

I'm using the Hub on one selling id and on another I keep clicking the "not right now" button.

Understand that if you have been around for as long as I have you might have noticed that eBay sellers are incredibly resistant to any type of change, the Hub is replacing something people apparently love but when the last versions of My eBay or Selling Manager were initially introduced they were detested and people demanded to have the previous versions. This scenario has been repeated many times since the early days of eBay.

It's not just eBay of course the same thing happened in the early 80's when new versions of MS-DOS were released and then in the 90's when Windows transitioned from 3.1 to 95 to 98 to ME to XP to Vista to 7 and now Windows 10.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 28 of 56
latest reply

@recped wrote:.

It's not just eBay of course the same thing happened in the early 80's when new versions of MS-DOS were released and then in the 90's when Windows transitioned from 3.1 to 95 to 98 to ME to XP to Vista to 7 and now Windows 10.

You missed Windows 8 in your post. I can understand why. It was a disaster that everyone who has ever used Windows try’s to forget! 

Message 29 of 56
latest reply

Regarding Seller's Hub, is there any reason why it has not been updated to show Sellers Level in Canadian funds. With constantly changing/modified exchange rates these displayed amounts are completely useless and meaningless to a Canadian seller. eBay dot ca should = Canadian dollars.

-CM

Message 30 of 56
latest reply

The only difference (and it's big) is that I can bypass the latest windows update by using an older one that I liked and worked well.

I used Windows XP for years after it was replaced, bypassing Windows Vista completely. I replaced Windows XP with Windows 7 bypassing Windows 8 and Windows 10 even though Microsoft was trying to force users into Windows 10 without permission. 

When Windows 7 becomes obsolete, I will then decide what to upgrade too.   

This is not the case on eBay.CA. There forcing sellers into using the glitchy

Seller Hub.     

Message 31 of 56
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

@great_junque_finds wrote:
I'm a US seller who also lists on the Canada site. I don't use the Hub and I'm hoping this change on the Ca site doesn't bump me into having to use the Hub on the US site as well.

Seller Hub has been on .com for a while now. You can't opt out of it. How did you manage that?

Not exactly sure, but I've avoided it so far. Got opted in early on, then opted out and have managed to stay out. I have found I can still use SM even on the Ca site listings.

Message 32 of 56
latest reply

According to the new and exciting Sellers Hub(shipping from Calgary) it appears sales by Canadian sellers are considered International Transactions.....Most of the time?!?!?

Examples Below:

Shipment to Calgary June 7 - Nothing indicated

Shipment to USA June 18 - International

Shipment to France June 23 - International

Shipment to Ottawa July 1 - Nothing indicated

Shipment to USA July 2 - International

Shipment to USA July 3 - International

Shipment to Toronto July 4 - International

-CM

PS. If this is permanent, possibly all orders going forward will be considered Global and USA will be illuminated as being separate? Another million dollar question for the powers that be.

And I wonder why I delayed Opting in to Sellers Hub til the last possible moment!!! 

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This Seller Hub is HORRIBLE as I cannot find "sold" and had to scroll down and click drop menu to find it.  It SHOULD be at the top as primary not hiding it!!  I don't think people at eBay knew what they are doing with this HORRIBLE format!!  No we are NOT going to get used to it.  We want the old format back which is so much easier!!

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

I'm not understanding what you mean. My 'international' shipments in the Seller Hub are just that: it counts items that sold to buyers outside Canada: USA-bound or elsewhere in the world to which I ship. What I cannot do is review them, I only see the ones awaiting shipment. 

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

If you click on the Awaiting Shipment tab and switch to all orders it gives you most of the options we had before. Seems to have dropped the choice for 2 months back (90 days, Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month).  When it displays the sold listings on mine it displays a yellow box with the note I mentioned before about International Sale or blank. Just thought it was strange that it would display a sale to Toronto as being considered international for a Canadian Seller.

-CM

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

New Sellers Hub =

Related image

-CM

Message 37 of 56
latest reply

There is one reality and only one reality.

Seller Hub is here and now.....  I can see no way to ... Opt Out.... on eBay Canada

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

Sadly, that's a given. I'm just not a fan of having something and then have it taken away from me because "they" think I don't use or need it.

-CM

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

If you click on the Awaiting Shipment tab and switch to all orders it gives you most of the options we had before. Seems to have dropped the choice for 2 months back (90 days, Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month).  When it displays the sold listings on mine it displays a yellow box with the note I mentioned before about International Sale or blank. Just thought it was strange that it would display a sale to Toronto as being considered international for a Canadian Seller.

-CM

I'm perplexed. This is not an available view to me. Maybe I Customized it into oblivion?

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.28.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.28.48 PM.png

Message 40 of 56
latest reply