Selling on eBay Canada - How can I sell on .com

Hi all,

I have another newbie question related to posting items for sale.

I'm curious as to whether or not I am able to sell on .com as well, or if I am currently already posting there. I post my items for sale using the app 90% of the time and I include shipping to the states on all of my orders. Does this automatically put the item for sale on .com, or should I also be listing my items through the .com website?

I'm just trying to make sure that I am covering all bases in terms of getting the most possible views for the items I am listing.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your listings show up on both .CA & .COM. You cannot list same item on both .CA and .COM= duplicate listing policy.

Your allotted free listings offer you the opportunity to list free on either .CA (which is in CDN $) and .COM(which is USD$). Remember though, your USD$ is converted to CDN$ when deposited into your bank account so there will be conversion fees.(unless you have the proper banking situation where you can have USD$ deposited into a bank account)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your listings show up on both .CA & .COM. You cannot list same item on both .CA and .COM= duplicate listing policy.

Your allotted free listings offer you the opportunity to list free on either .CA (which is in CDN $) and .COM(which is USD$). Remember though, your USD$ is converted to CDN$ when deposited into your bank account so there will be conversion fees.(unless you have the proper banking situation where you can have USD$ deposited into a bank account)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the quick reply to this, much appreciated.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can also list on the dotCOM website. Or the Australian, German, Brazilian ones.

If you do you MUST ship to the USA (Australia, Germany, Brazil- you get the idea).

• You can even opt NOT to ship to Canada from those sites.

Your listing must be in US dollars for the USA.

• Your payments will be in US dollars, but if your checking account with Managed Payments is in loonies, your payments will be transferred in loonies.
  • Yes, there will be currency exchange and it will fluctuate.

You must use Flat Rate Shipping.....

UNLESS

you are in an area serviced by a forwarder like chitchatexpress or stallionexpress which will for a fee take your shipments to the nearest USPS office for their cheaper services.

Most sellers are very happy with these services- I am unable to use either since their office is too far away.

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply