Ship By Date today, Canada Post Closed

Nice of eBay to set the Ship By date to a postal holiday....  Thankfully nothing going out today needs to be scanned...

Haven't been very active on the forum lately...  Amazing to see how basically every thread is a self-inflicted wound by eBay....  Like how is it even possible this Shipping Supply Coupon continues to be a thing quarter after quarter...

Ian

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ship By Date today, Canada Post Closed

Just curious if the listing that has ship by today is for both the .com and .ca listings or just for .com?  My two sales from .com are ignoring the holiday but I expected that since neither Friday or today are a USPS holiday.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

My weekend sales on .ca had a ship by Monday April 5th date on them. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Thanks. 

tyler@ebay 

Perhaps remind whoever sets up the holidays on .ca that both Friday and Easter Monday are Canada Post holidays.  Apparently today wasn't counted as a holiday so that does affect handling times.

Thanks

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
As Easter Monday isn’t a national statutory holiday and shipping services other than Canada Post may choose to operate on that day, I can see why eBay may have inadvertently designated today as a “ship by” date.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

You can bypass this by marking the items shipped. EBay doesn't come to your house and check.

Even with tracking numbers. Because of my peculiar circumstances, I can't supply a tracking number of applicable packages until after the item is in the mailstream.

SHRUG.jpg

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Untracked shipping does not affect our GLOBAL Top Rated Seller status.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

My  post office location was open today....  Many parcels were delivered to a postal location today. My postal location is not run by Canada Post, but is a franchised location 

Postal locations  that are not run by Canada Post,  can  be open even if Canada Post is not doing a pickup.

When a seller delivers the parcels on a day when Canada Post will not do a pick up.....  that day  is on record as a day when Canada Post  accepted a parcel.

My postal location was closed on Friday and Sunday, but was open to receive parcels on Saturday.... and today.......

This holiday period is Easter....  Friday was closed  as Good Friday... and ... Sunday as Easter Sunday....    Canada Post's holiday schedule was checked online, and today Monday, April 5,  is a Canada Post holiday.

The parcels delivered to the postal location today will be picked up by Canada Post on Tuesday, April 6...

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Parcels that required tracking are presented as tracking provided April 5  on eBay even though Canada Post is closed today.....  My postal location was open and has been receiving mail today.

Tracking when viewed on the Canada Post website indicates that the parcel was received by  Canada Post today, Monday, April 5

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Sure, I deposited my envelopes in a CP box today and marked them as shipped but those items will sit there overnight not moving until Tuesday. The problem is that the expected delivery window started ticking today, one day earlier than it should have. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

What a joke our platfrom has become!   Such a nightmare they have created with screwing up the ship by date and they are happy to make zero appologies and leave us holding the bag.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

We must know the reality of the relation ship between eBay and Canada Post.

We must also understand that Canada Post has its holidays, and many of the postal locations are franchised operations, not run by Canada Post.... 

and these  locations  that are not run by Canada Post have their own days for holidays and being open.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

The locations in my area are in Shopper's Drug mart and they were closed today.  Open for a few hours on Saturday so that the parcels sit there until Tuesday.  Though I ship within a day, I put 2 days for shipping period to give a buffer.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

My postal location is in a Shopper's Drug Mart...

and I leep track of when it is open.....

I live in Winnipeg

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Thanks. 

tyler@ebay 

Perhaps remind whoever sets up the holidays on .ca that both Friday and Easter Monday are Canada Post holidays.  Apparently today wasn't counted as a holiday so that does affect handling times.

Thanks

Hi @pjcdn2005 - thanks for this! I'll get it reported and let you know if I hear back.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply