Shipped eBay tracked Pkt to Australia - eBay tracking no. different from Can Post?

On March 26 I shipped via eBay labels a tracked pkt International to Australia. I just noticed that eBay shows it as shipped but the tracking number that eBay shows is totally different from the one that was on my label (luckily I wrote it down, it starts with LX). Canada Post does not even recognize the eBay tracking number!
The item shows as delivered Apr. 10th on CanPost but not on eBay Seller Hub. I have rec'd FB.
If I edit the tracking number it will change the shipped date, correct? How can I correct this or do I need to?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipped eBay tracked Pkt to Australia - eBay tracking no. different from Can Post?

I didn't notice anyone answering directly your question. Don't edit the tracking number and don't do anything unless the buyer opens a case. If they do, all you have to do is manually (which we always have to do) put the CP tracking number into the case which shows as delivered.

This is one of these rare situations where a "stupid" rule that one has to manually put the tracking number into the case for a tracked item actually fixes the other bug!!!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

marnotom!
Community Member

Which tracking number is used on the Australia Post website?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

Which tracking number is used on the Australia Post website?

@marnotom! 

@msmaggie060 

I sent a shipment out to Italy back in March using International tracked. System automatically ported in the LX variation of tracking which was trackable and still is now. I know with Intl Air/US Air small packet eBay Labels port in the shipment number vs the UR number. If you manually update the system believes the item was shipped using 2 shipments even if you delete one. Same going on if you void a label. (System still believes there are 2 shipments incorrectly.) eBay may have made another change that is causing a new issue with the tracking.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The Canada Post tracking no. is the only one that shows up on Australian Post. It shows as delivered.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

just noticed the same problem with tracked Pkt to the UK. Any point in letting ebay know about this glitch? Do we even have anyone at eBay we can flag now?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

On March 26 I shipped via eBay labels a tracked pkt International to Australia. I just noticed that eBay shows it as shipped but the tracking number that eBay shows is totally different from the one that was on my label (luckily I wrote it down, it starts with LX). Canada Post does not even recognize the eBay tracking number!
The item shows as delivered Apr. 10th on CanPost but not on eBay Seller Hub. I have rec'd FB.
If I edit the tracking number it will change the shipped date, correct? How can I correct this or do I need to?

devon@ebay 

Could you look into this please? See post 4 also. The number that gets ported into the tracking field should be a tracking number....Not a shipment reference number.

Thanks,

=Lotz

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I didn't notice anyone answering directly your question. Don't edit the tracking number and don't do anything unless the buyer opens a case. If they do, all you have to do is manually (which we always have to do) put the CP tracking number into the case which shows as delivered.

This is one of these rare situations where a "stupid" rule that one has to manually put the tracking number into the case for a tracked item actually fixes the other bug!!!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic 
Thank you so much for that info!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I agree that you you should leave everything as is for now.

What format are the  tracking numbers showing on eBay for the UK and Australia transactions?  Are they all numbers or letters at the beginning and end or...? 
Is there any sort of tracking information showing on eBay? 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply