Shipping cost from Vancouver to texas?

I plan on shipping a double cased DVD from Van to Texas, but I'm curious about the cost....

Selecting 'Small Packet USA surface' is I'm assuming is my best bet, with a delivery standard of 6-12 business days. to ship to Canada this method seems to be about $2.50 - $3.00 based on my experience.

er, help? 😛

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

"Small Packet USA surface"

There is no such service anymore. You need to use Small Packet (air). Expect to pay more than $8.00

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I think this kind of item maybe ship under USA Letter Oversize rate tickness must be a max of 20 mm;

$ 2,95 less than 100 g + taxes

$ 5,15 if between 100 and 200 g

$ 10,30 if between 200 and 500 g

if other dimension please visit Post Canada websit, it is very easy to find a rate/service !

www.canadapost.ca

Good luck

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I think that your double may be wider than light packet allows.  It will have to go small packet and it is either $8.13 or 10.79 depending on the weight.  I sell CD's and the odd DVD (single).  If it is a regular size dvd, it can go light packet at $5.00.  It has to fit through the slot.  Also take into consideration you need to buy a bubble envelope too.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Canada Post in their wisdom has decreed that only letters and documents can be mailed outside Canada by O/S Lettermail.  Light Packet Air is what they have put in place for commercial items, DVDs, etc.  Fortunately, for anything >100g - 300g, Light Packet is less expensive than O/S Lettermail.  It requires a customs declaration. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@rockp5233 wrote:

I think this kind of item maybe ship under USA Letter Oversize rate tickness must be a max of 20 mm;

$ 2,95 less than 100 g + taxes

$ 5,15 if between 100 and 200 g

$ 10,30 if between 200 and 500 g

if other dimension please visit Post Canada website, it is very easy to find a rate/service !

www.canadapost.ca

For packages under 2cm thickness to USA (rates good until mid-January 2016).

000-200g ..  5.00  Light Packet
201-300g ..  7.00  Light Packet
251-500g .. 10.79 Small Packet (Air)

USA Light Packet between 101g and 300g beats oversize lettermail.
Small Packet beats Light Packet for 301g to 500g range.

Both Light Packet and Small Packet can be purchased via paypal.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That was supposed to connect to the Business Shipping Rates page at canadapost.ca, not to Norwegian bodybuilders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=65&v=k4TJkPLN_g8

Look, a girl should have a hobby.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks everyone! 🙂

I have it set to Small Packets(air) at about $14.00 CAD

Besides, if that ends up costing more than the actual shipping, I'll just give the seller a small refund based on what's left.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply