Shipping issue - issues with buying a shipping label from Canada Post within Ebay

Hey folks,

I searched and nothing came up, so wondering if anyone is having any issues buying labels within eBay for Canada Post? It started last evening and hasn't cleared up. Or has anyone had this issue before and know how to clear it up?

This is what I'm getting when I try to buy a label:

"Please be aware that CANADAPOST is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience and if affected, ask that you try again later. Veuillez prendre note que CANADAPOST rencontre actuellement des problèmes avec ses systèmes. Nous vous prions de nous excuser de ce désagrément et nous vous invitions à réessayer plus tard."

Thanks!

BSN

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Shipping issue - issues with buying a shipping label from Canada Post within Ebay

I'm not sure about right now, but there's a scheduled outage starting Saturday night at 9pm until Sunday morning at 9am. Maybe someone got the dates mixed up.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Re: Shipping issue - issues with buying a shipping label from Canada Post within Ebay

yes, earlier today, there was indeed a problem with labels...after 3 attemps gave up and will now likely just wait it out, as  as this is something that often occurs on holidays and weekends!

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@blacksheepnorth wrote:

Hey folks,

I searched and nothing came up, so wondering if anyone is having any issues buying labels within eBay for Canada Post? It started last evening and hasn't cleared up. Or has anyone had this issue before and know how to clear it up?

This is what I'm getting when I try to buy a label:

"Please be aware that CANADAPOST is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience and if affected, ask that you try again later. Veuillez prendre note que CANADAPOST rencontre actuellement des problèmes avec ses systèmes. Nous vous prions de nous excuser de ce désagrément et nous vous invitions à réessayer plus tard."

Thanks!

BSN

@blacksheepnorth 

As of 1:32 PM everything was running fine. It could have been an issue between eBay Labels and CP directly. I processed a shipment mid afternoon with Shippo with no issues.

https://status.canadapost.ca/

-Lotz

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

still not able to print CP labels through eBay...so I guess will be waiting until Monday-Tuesday...

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

still not able to print CP labels through eBay...so I guess will be waiting until Monday-Tuesday...

@mrdutch1001 

It's currently showing a service disruption  (CP)  that they are working on. As per ALWAYS eBay ca status page, everything is perfect.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I was able to print them through the Shippo site. That didn't include the discount, so I hope they fix it soon.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Yes, I realize Shippo is working for those who use Shippo...I do not use Shippo(have never used Shippo and it is my preference not to do so..).

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@blacksheepnorth wrote:

I was able to print them through the Shippo site. That didn't include the discount, so I hope they fix it soon.

I always see the same discount on Shippo as on eBay.  When you signed up on Shippo did you enter your CP small business account number?

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I'm getting the same error messages for Canada Post through ebay. It started Sunday afternoon and Monday at 9.30 am, it's still showing errors. I guess I'll just try later. Maybe the Easter Bunny nibbled into the system. Also Easter Monday is a holiday at Canada Post so we may be waiting even more.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Still getting the same error message.  Very frustrating indeed.  I doubt that this is being worked on at all considering that Canada Post staff have the Easter long weekend off like many of us.  I would not expect a fix until Tuesday.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I've just used Shippo instead to create a Canada Post label. Just as cheap as using eBay and the insurance is far cheaper. And the local Canada Post retail outlet is open 11 am - 3pm today, so not everyone connected with CP is off.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for pointing this out. I went back through my settings and this seems to have fixed it. Much appreciated.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I got the same issue. Sunday afternoon I tried to purchase and print labels via Canada Post as well but I get the same message. The service outage was supposed to end after 9am on Sunday.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Edit: I was able to print a label for an international order but not working for domestic at the moment.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

asmok
Community Member

I'm still having the same issue since Saturday. Trying to ship within Canada and don't have an option to select CP in Shippo.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

I printed several labels today through Shippo without a problem. I'm not sure how you go to Shippo, but I go directly from the Purchase Shipping label (under orders) here on eBay, when you get to the page where you can buy your label through eBay site you should see on the top right corner (in a very small font, hard to see!) "Go to Shippo", if you go to Shippo from that link all of your eBay sale information, customs if needed, size and weight of package, etc. should carry over (though you can still make adjustments there if needed) and it should give you several choices from lowest price to highest of Canada Post services (default goes to lowest but easy to change to the service you want).

You need to have set up an account with Shippo but also there is a "Sync Orders", make sure that has been done and everything should carry over for you from eBay to there (at one point all eBay labels went through Shippo which is why I set my account up several years back).

I noticed the warning about Canada Post on the eBay labels page showing but when I clicked Go to Shippo, everything was fine and printed up normally.

Hope it works for you (and everyone having problems) soon!

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I've been having the same problem with Fedex all day. Took at least 3 attempts before I was able to generate a label for all of my sales.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Isn't Shippo more expensive? I mean it says 80% discount when buying Fedex labels through Ebay and when I go to Shippo it says 43%.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I've not used Shippo for FedEx, only Canada Post so I can't address that. But for Canada Post, for me anyways, it is cheaper with Shippo (and I like that they bill you every $100 instead of every transaction). I have my Canada Post business account attached though and I think I'm at Level 3 which I know is a big help. The biggest savings I find is with Tracked Package USA, I think it is part of Shippo's deal with USPS. That's where I find the best savings anyways.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply