Simplii Bank & Managed Payments

Is  any one using Simplii Checking account  for Managed Payments and is there any problems with it.

I use RBC and want to switch over to Simplii to keep it separate.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Simplii Bank & Managed Payments

Shouldn't be a problem since they are owned and operated by CIBC. So you can use the CIBC bank machines for Simplii.

I went with Tangerine (owned by ScotiaBank) and have had 3 weekly payments arrive since the switch over. Simplii would have been my next choice to use for MP.

-..-

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I use Simplii........

Payouts from eBay (weekly) are in my account between 5:00 and 7:00pm on Tuesdays approximately 6 hours after I receive notification from eBay that the payout has been sent.

My very first payout in October didn't get to my account until 9:00pm but every one after that has been by 7:00pm.

My Simplii account was a transfer from PC Financial, they are obviously quite similar (both operated by CIBC) but there are a couple of features in Simplii that are a step above the old PC Financial.

FYI - When I was filling out the form to register for MP I decided it would be better to have a new account solely for the payouts (makes bookeeping easier), it took less than 2 minutes to open a new account (in addition to my regular checking and savings accounts) using another broswer tab and then use that info to complete the eBay form.

I did have one glitch because I entered my birthdate incorrectly (swapped month/day), got a notice from eBay, revised the info and was good to go with absolutely no further issues.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Thank you for the Help it is appreciated but I have a new problem. When I enter all the new info and get to account number it tells me it should only br 12 number not 16. The RBC number I have is 16 and it works so I don't know what the problem is.

I have getting real tired of all  the problems with MP some mine but mostly on their side.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Could four of those sixteen digits be your transit (branch) number?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

No I have the transit number and the fianicial number and they are not the number on the bank card.

I'm thinking the first 4 numbers on the card and just using the last 12

I called their  telephone number but it was 45 minute wait.

I'll call on early Sunday morning to find out.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Not the transit number as it is part of what is required from what I recall. I added my Simpli Financial account less than a month ago.

I remember finding my account information quite easily on the account all labelled correctly and it matched the input labels on eBay form perfectly. No thinking required. Just a simple copy and paste. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the help everyone I finally got it.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I hope so! My experience has been that bank card numbers and bank account numbers are two separate things and don’t resemble one another, but perhaps your bank does things differently.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I hope so I used RBC all my life and I'm 75 now so it has been a long time opening bank accounts.

I usually shut down at the end of May till September so I'll have lots of time if it does not worl

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Hi lukey9,

Have you had any problems with Simplii?  I am about to set this up with ebay but saw someone on RedFlagDeals had problems with them.  They sent him a letter saying they need a proof of business to release the funds.   Check out the posts by mild5461.  I attached a copy of the letter he received.

Getting around eBay's seller requirement to link bank account - Page 2 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I am a bit concerned.

Thanks!

Donald

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

You are replying to a year old thread so it is unlikely that the original poster will see your question.

It's also possible that a mod will close this thread because of its age so if that happens, you might

want to start a new thread.

I use Tangerine for ebay.  So far it has worked great.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@ydmf wrote:

Hi lukey9,

Have you had any problems with Simplii?  I am about to set this up with ebay but saw someone on RedFlagDeals had problems with them.  They sent him a letter saying they need a proof of business to release the funds.   Check out the posts by mild5461.  I attached a copy of the letter he received.

Getting around eBay's seller requirement to link bank account - Page 2 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I am a bit concerned.

Thanks!

Donald

I posted to this thread a long time ago (see post #3) everything I said then still applies, ZERO problems with Simplii and because eBay is also faster at processing my Tuesday (I'm on weekly) includes all sales up to Suynday and occasionally a Monday sales if it's EARLY in the morning. The  Payout is in my account by 6:00pm Eastern on Tuesday (usually an hour or so earlier), I've only had one payout in 2 years that did not show up until Wednesday morning.

I read the link you posted from RedFlag, never heard of anyone having such a problem and I suspect there is more to that story. It's possible they were on Daily Payouts but the account I use is tied to three selling accounts here, at least two payouts each week, sometimes three and they go to the same account that is only for eBay payouts. I'd guess I've had about 150+ payouts to that account plus a few debits from eBay when I've done partial refunds on Tuesday when the available balance is zero briefly.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I am having a nightmare with ebay and simpli. They say it is because I am a canadian account selling on ebay.com.   Do you sell on .ca or .com?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I am having a nightmare with ebay and simpli. They say it is because I am a canadian account selling on ebay.com.   Do you sell on .ca or .com?   How did you fix it?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

That isn't the problem as Canadians can sell on either site. Quite a few long time (pre .ca) ebayers are having the same problem.  Since you registered  in 1998 you must have registered on .com because there was no .ca. Previously, it wasn't a problem for those sellers to register with Managed Payments on .ca but it seems to be a problem now. So far ebays suggestion is that sellers start a new account on .ca but hopefully if enough people are having the same problem they will fix it.  There is another thread about it.   The thread starts out about Tangerine but the topic changes later on in the thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Payments/BEWARE-Tangerine-no-longer-accepted/m-p/483543#M3331

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

You don't need proof of business to open a Simplii account.

Or at least I didn't.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Are you registered on dotCOM? A lot of early/longtime sellers registered there before there was a dotCA?

And the simplest way around it  is.... open a new eBay account on dotCA and ...... abandon all the feedback you built up over the decades.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply