Sold an item, buyer paid, but no reponse on buyer to arrange for pick up, what to do?

ws_pj
Community Member

It has been a few days since the item was sold and paid for. I have been trying to reach out to the buyer to arrange for pickup, no response.  What is seller's obligation here? Keep the item indefinitely and hope the buyer will respond?  Cancel the transaction after X days and issue a refund?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sold an item, buyer paid, but no reponse on buyer to arrange for pick up, what to do?

marnotom!
Community Member

The second option makes more sense to me.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Sold an item, buyer paid, but no reponse on buyer to arrange for pick up, what to do?

@ws_pj wrote:

It has been a few days since the item was sold and paid for. I have been trying to reach out to the buyer to arrange for pickup, no response.  What is seller's obligation here? Keep the item indefinitely and hope the buyer will respond?  Cancel the transaction after X days and issue a refund?

Have you been only in touch by eBay messaging? Because it is a completed order you are permitted to contact them directly to followup to see how they would like to proceed. Unfortunately eBay's messaging system is not 100% reliable.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Is the buyer close to you?  If not, it's possible that they didn't realize that is was pick up.

Is there a reason that you are doing pick up only for your items?  The camera wouldn't be that big of a package.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

A possible message to the buyer:

"I am holding your purchase for pickup but my schedule over the next week will be crowded. Could you confirm that you will pick up at  one of

• 12:30 pm Friday June 11
  • 5pm Friday June 11
  • 3pm Saturday June 12

or would you prefer to cancel the purchase?"

If he doesn't respond, the next message would be "I regret this transaction didn't work out. I am assuming tht you are not interested in completing the sale and have cancelled it for that reason."  Then cancel "At Buyer Request".

If he responds with different times, you can be accomodating, but again state that not meeting the appointment will be taken as a Cancellation at Buyer Request.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply