The new eBay payment processing! how pathetic

Earlier today I got an email from eBay about a cusotmer claiming "unauthorized transaction" Item was shipped and successfully delivered tot he buyer few weeks ago.  When transactions were handled by PayPal this would have been automatically decided in favor of the seller since tracking is present.

I called eBay and I was told that they can see the tracking and everything will be decided later and that I have seller protection and it is clear that I shipped the item to the confirmed address.

fast forward 5 hours later, I get an email telling me that the bank decided in favor of the buyer and eBay took $114 plus $20 (dispute fee) out of my account to give to the buyer.

This is left me in awwwww, I'm frustrated here.  How could this happen.  The customer bought through eBay and paid eBay, how can you penalize a seller who has absolutely no control over the customer's payment information, eBay handled the money. 

Has anyone else experience this? 
If this is going to be a thing, then we can expect way more scams as eBay will be welcoming this type of scam.  I already miss PayPal, I wish we had a choice in staying with PayPal.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: The new eBay payment processing! how pathetic

marnotom!
Community Member
With Managed Payments (and actually, with PayPal, too), there’s a bit more to defending an unauthorized payment dispute than providing tracking.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799

Were all the requirements for proof of delivery met in your case, particularly the recipient’s address?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you did all of these, then I suggest you file a claim with the Better Business Bureau.     That way you should get to some one more senior at ebay.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Actually the last couple of times that I had a claim for unauthorized claim with PP the 'formal' decision was not made for weeks until the bank had made their decision.  I always thought that was silly since it is clear in their user info that the seller was not responsible as long as their was proof of 'shipment' to the payment address. 

Ebay requires proof of delivery to the payment address, not just proof of shipment but since  you do have that, ebay should be the one refunding if the bank rules in the buyer's favour.  But what doesn't make sense here is that the bank would make a decision on the same day that you were notified of the claim as they do normally take a long time. Are you sure that ebay isn't just holding your money until a decision is made?  If you are sure that's not the case, you should contact customer service on ebay Facebook or Twitter. Send them a private message stating the facts and give them your ebay email address.  I contacted FB once and had a really good experience with their cs.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

Message 4 of 5
latest reply