The sale requirement to become power seller

yuanhz1974
Community Member

My question is about the sale requirement to become power seller. In ebay.ca help documents, it is said a seller needs to complete sale of $1000 and 100 transactions, but in my dashboard, it shows that I need to complete sale of $3000 and 100 transaction. So which is the criteria, $1000 or $3000? Yesterday, in my dashboard, the number is $1000 and today the number becomes $3000. I'm so confused.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: The sale requirement to become power seller

If you click on Customer Support (top of this page) and enter Powerseller in the inquiry box, eBay offers this link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sell-powersellers.html 

To become a Top Rated seller, eBay offers this link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/top-rated.html 

While both help pages show $1,000, I know one requires over $3,000 to be awarded TRS status.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Back when they changed to the present TRS 20% discount arrangement they announced you'd be able to be a TRS @ $1,000 without being a PS @ $3000.  When the date for that to start came people were surprised they became PS at $1000 too.  Ebay never said it would be different, and you won't find anything that supports that, but thats the way its been

Since the PS logo doesn't  even show anymore, all it means is you get a link to the (not too exciting) power seller message board

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Back when they changed to the present TRS 20% discount arrangement they announced you'd be able to be a TRS @ $1,000 without being a PS @ $3000.  When the date for that to start came people were surprised they became PS at $1000 too.  Ebay never said it would be different, and you won't find anything that supports that, but thats the way its been

Sorry, I'm confused here (not uncommon these days). 

I never did receive Power Seller status -- at least according to my Dashboard -- at the $1000/yr point, even though, as Pierre notes, that information is stated on the help pages.

My PS ('Bronze') status only appeared when I reached $3000/yr in sales, and I got TRS (with 20% discount) shortly afterward when I got to the 100+ transaction point.  Are you saying there's a TRS level at $1000?  

This was all just a few months ago for me, so I assume this is the current situation on eBay.   

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

pierrelebel-canada
Community Member

Earlier this year when I started using this selling ID, I had to wait until sales surpassed $3,000 (I already had 100 transaction) before the TRS status was granted.

It was March 26th, 2013 (two weeks ago) when eBay finally advised of the TRS and the 20% FVF rebate, effective with the next monthly invoice.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

"shortly afterward when I got to the 100+ transaction poin"

Still needed the 100 transactions, there wouldnt be many at 100 transactions and between 1000 and 3000

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

THey did prominently announce top rated to $1,000. 

"Global and US Top-rated seller program annual sales requirement reduced to $1,000 To include sellers of more sizes, the annual sales requirement for Top-rated sellers will be lowered to $1,000."

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/SpringUpdate2012.html

Of course the conflicts with the dashboard that didn't change showing ps at 3,000 and ps required for TRS, even though that isnt followed

I have an account in that situation now.  Got 3 low dsrs close together so abandoned it for over half a year.  Stayed ps as sales dropped, back to TRS as soon as a dsr fell off.  Still under $3,000 sales and is both PS and trs

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

THey did prominently announce top rated to $1,000. 

Of course the conflicts with the dashboard that didn't change showing ps at 3,000 and ps required for TRS, even though that isnt followed

Yes, I recall clearly seeing the announcement.  This is why I was surprised when my dashboard indicated PS at $3000 was required for TRS. 

So eBay needs to update the dashboards.  Why has that taken over a year I wonder?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Currently on eBay.ca Dashboard:

Basic PowerSeller requirements: 12-month rating: (Apr 2012 to Mar 2013)

Minimum global sales and transactions US $3,000.00 and
100 transactions

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I am a Bronze Power Seller and have the logo on My eBay - but I don't think it shows up anywhere else. I only have 41 sales this year, but my dollar numbers are big - perhaps that is why I am a Power Seller.

The only problem is the being a Bronze Power Seller means squat and diddley - unless there are some search parameters I am not aware of.

I don't think there is anywhere you can look that tells you why or the positives of being a Power Seller. Being a Power Seller does not give you Top Rated Status. It is pretty much meaningless.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

My dashboard said $3000 as well, but I got it at $1000. I still don't have $3000 in sales.

Chris

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Bronze is $1000

$3000 is Silver 

$1000-$24999 is Gold

Titanium $25000 +

Anyone else encountered the Power Seller Badge being arbitrarily removed? I have called customer service time and time again as 6 times my seal has been removed. If you qualify you may need to call and ask. You will not get anywhere (my experience) when communicating with OVERSEAS agents. GOOD LUCK!!

Power Seller Status entitles you to free listing upgrades. Priority Phone Support is another perk.

You must have been an eBay member for more then 90 days. Your account is in good standing and maintained a feedback rating of 98% or better for the entire year. I am top rated in the US and have been for 34 months yet no seal. eBay is contradictory as some web pages state Canadian eBay sellers do not have to meet the requirement of 95% tracking being uploaded yet others state you must meet the requirement. I spoke with Trust and safety on January 20-2021 and my Power Seller Badge was visible as the situation was corrected. 48 hours later the seal was removed. There has to be some rogue elements working in eBay Philippines. That you can take to the bank. This is a total breach of contract. That's why it is not eBay but individual employees. It is very frustrating. I write this because I only reach eBay Philippines agents when communicating with phone support.

I enjoy eBay but do not enjoy as I once did.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Super Zombie Thread!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply