UNDESERVED NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

sold an item to a korean buyer  with ground shipping with a disclosure that delivery time is 60 to 90 days ,  after aprx. 15 days after item was shipped  buyer asks for refund  and leaves me negative feedback  and claims that  delivery  is bad .

this buyer just  did not read all  of  the descripion details  and was just signed up as a new member at end of  FEB. 2023.

THIS IS  WHAT E BAY IS ALLOWING TO HAPPEN !

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: UNDESERVED NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

and as a longtime experienced seller, you should already know buyers don't read everything in a listing....and did you not consider the risks of shipping a high value item via "Surface" mail?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Surface 배송을 사용하지 마십시오.

배송은 eBay에서 배송을 위해 지정한 날짜 이후에 잘 도착할 가능성이 높습니다.

이 경우 구매자가 한국에 있었으므로 사진만으로 구매했을 수 있습니다.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Never use Surface shipping.

The shipment is very likely to arrive well after the date given by eBay for delivery.

In this case the buyer was in South Korea, so he may have been buying based on the picture alone. How much did you understand of my previous post?

You may be able to get the unwarranted FB removed. Use eBay's social media accounts .

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that mean giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

And never use Surface shipping.

As you have learned, it's too expensive.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Over 25 years in retail I have learned customers do not read the fine print and sometimes even the big print right in front of them.

I've made so many printed sign adjustments in the real world due to people not reading that some days, there's no point to creating a sign at all. 

Fo example, a majority of shoppers don't read "up to" as in "Sale, up to 50% off". Others don't read "groups of" or "limit signs" either. There is a minority of customers who'll actually read a cheaper price for a product they want that belongs to the next product over.

And I advise never send a package by ground shipping.

Customers would rather pay the extra for faster shipping (within reason). Over the last 4 years I've had about 2-3 customers whom specifically requested ground shipping. In all cases, I turned down their requests.

I know what I'm saying has already been said by other posters, but I thought I would help strengthen their statements. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

HI !  thanks for  the reply and suggestion  , but  i think you have missed my point !

my point is  that  E BAY  allows this sort of thing to happen , i just  think that  E BAY  policies  towards seller  protection  is  the real problem ., which is practically non existing .

as for surface parcel delivery usage  !   when listing an item , e bay  allows   a seller to post a turn around time  for delivey .  so  if you declare a turnaround time of 40 days  the buyer  must wait for the allowed time to file a dispute .

but the issue that i tried to convey is !  HOW OR WHY IS A BUYER ALLOWED TO POST FEED BACK BEFORE THE ITEM HAS ARRIVED !

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

HI !    when listing an item , the forum asks to include a  turnaround time  among other things  for the item , so if you choose a 40 day  turnaround  , the buyer will not be able to file a dispute before the turn around time (  delivery  date ).

so that is why i use it !

the issue i beefed about is that e bay allows buyers to  post feedback befor the item has arrived .

that is what makes me angry  ! 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

the risk of shipping surface  is not greater then any other method , when listing an item the forum asks for a turnaround time  to insert in the listing .

this way the  buyer must wait for the item to arrive on or after the item has arrived to file a dispute  . i use the max turnaround time  allowed  when shipping via ground or surface shipping.

the issue  i have is  that the buyer is able to post feed back before the item has arrived .

THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY ! I BLAME E BAY FOR THAT !

PS.   in your opinion what is the risk  of shipping surface or groud shipping ! i have shipped ground  shipping  to the  US  many times and that has  given me some problems !  the  US  delivery people are horrendous , they toss  packages on delivery and i have had disputes of damage on delivery  . no amount of secure packaging  can save you from an unreliable or careless delivery person .

and i have shipped  over seas ground with no damage issues .

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

blah blah blah  to you also .

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@filamenthead wrote:

the issue  i have is  that the buyer is able to post feed back before the item has arrived .

THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY ! I BLAME E BAY FOR THAT !

@filamentheadI would also be upset if I received negative feedback before an item has even arrived.  Have you been able to get that removed? (I didn't see any negative fb on your account.)

You are correct about customers being able to leave feedback as soon as an order is placed.

I've twice received feedback before I had even mailed the customers' orders.  In both cases I suspect the customers intended to leave feedback for another seller and inadvertently left feedback for me.  Fortunately both were positive.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi! yes i appealed twice.
The firs rep refused to remove it , he said i should wait for the item to arive !!
I appealed again and got another rep and it was removed.
What do you think of that ?
That is an example of the overall quality of some of those reps.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

This is eBay's site, eBay's rules...if eBay allows this or that one must accept, adapt, adjust and carry on ....and if eBay doesn't and/or won't remove the feedback, no amount of ranting, complaining will make much of a difference other than maybe self-satisfaction, so it may be best to just carry on and keep rollin' on.....

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi! yes i appealed twice.
The firs rep refused to remove it , he said i should wait for the item to arive !!
I appealed again and got another rep and it was removed.
What do you think of that ?
That is an example of the overall quality of some of those reps.

Sometimes there is grey zones. You can have 2 different answers the same way you could have 2 different judgements going to court facing 2 different judges. Humans being humans, truly shocking.

I'm more shocked about how so many people jump on community boards only to scream and rent nowadays. We see those on regular basis now...

HOW EBAY ALLOWING THIS! Then they fix it just by contacting... And instead of admitting you overreacted, you still try to find a way to rent more.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply