US dollar account & Managed Payouts

I sell almost exclusivly on .com. - so I sell in American dollars.  My bank will open a US dollar account for me. How do I get eBay to direct the payouts to that US dollar account re. Managed Payouts?

And I would like somw opinions on should I do it.

Thanks

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: US dollar account & Managed Payouts

When you sign up for Managed Payments they will ask if you want your money paid out in Cdn or US dollars. Once you make that decision you can't change it.

I can't really give you an opinion as what you should do as I'm going back and forth myself.  But I sell on both .ca and prefer to keep doing that but if I sold on .com I would lean more towards getting payouts in $US.   Once the money is in $US dollars are you going to get a credit or debit card so that you can make purchases in $US or just keep it there until the exchange rate is optimal.  That might be a factor in your decision too.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Not sure what Bank in Canada you are dealing with to create the USA dollar account with.  I am with TD Canada Trust and opened a TD America account.  The first thing the form asks for is a finacial institution number.  There is no such number for US banks.  So I am guessing that some one screwed up and put that into the form??  US banks using routing numbers also not transit numbers.  The whole form presented are more for CDN banks not US. Am I wrong?  I called Ebay but they could not help me.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

A TD America account will not work for a Canadian seller wanting Managed Payments payouts in US dollars.  The account has to be a TD Canada Trust (or equivalent from a Canadian-based financial institution) US dollar chequing account.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply