Unable to choose Canada Post when shipping within Canada.

I had an item listed for auction on ebay.ca and ebay.com. It was sold to a Canadian address. Basically I am shipping from BC to Quebec. When I go to 'print shipping label' it requires me to sign up for a UPS account. Is that my only option if I want to use paypal for shipping labels or have I missed something? I have use Canada Post through ebay.ca before.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Unable to choose Canada Post when shipping within Canada.

kashka
Community Member

I sell on ebay.com but I log in to ebay.ca and go to My Ebay when I make up make my PP labels.Try that..good luck.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I tried that and it didn't work. I wonder if it's because I listed it as international.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

paypal.com/shipnow

You will have to paste in the address but it works for any Canadian postage regardless if it's connected to an eBay transaction or not.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I was all excited for a second there, but sadly it still takes me to the message in my overview tab:

"Complete the following form to register for PayPal Shipping with UPS. Please note, you must have a UPS account to register for PayPal Shipping."

Am I maybe looking at the wrong tab?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

There must be a problem with paypal shipping.  I list on both .ca and .com and always make my labels through paypal for all sales, international and Canadian, and never once got the message you are getting.  I only use Canada post through paypal because of the discount I get.  I would suggest you call paypal and ask them about it.  If you use the code they give you to call you get right through with no waiting.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

One more thing, are you clicking on the details tab for the sale in question?  And scroll to the bottom of that page and click on Print shipping label?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Perhaps you have your preferences in Paypal set up for UPS. Go to Paypal, click on print shipping label and in the shipping information section check to see what it has next to carrier. If it says UPS, click to change it to Canada Post and near the bottom of the page you can set CP as the default carrier.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I'll give paypal a call in a little bit. I have only ever used Canada Post through paypal so this was really weird to me.

One more thing, are you clicking on the details tab for the sale in question?  And scroll to the bottom of that page and click on Print shipping label?

Yes, directly from the item I click 'print shipping label. I have tried it while logged in to ebay.com and ebay.ca and get the same message.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Just wanted to update in case anyone else has the same issue.The Paypal tech was very helpful for me.

In paypal under Profile>My Selling Tools>Shipping Preferences>Edit it had somehow defaulted back to UPS as the default carrier. I just switched to Canada Post. Hopefully that will fix my issues. :8}

Thanks for all of your replies! 🙂

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I've had the same problem when trying to select INTERNATIONAL shipping services: nothing but FEDEX appears as an option.  Apparently eBay is working some hustle behind the scenes to drive business to FEDEX and UPS in exchange for a cut.  That or maybe this is a way to put pressure on Canada Post for some reason?

Just another example of busy little hustlers inside eBay trying to make themselves look good at the expense of eBay ultimately.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@milezero 

Since this thread was written 10 years ago the mods  will probably close it now that it has been revisited.  I did notice the FedEx options only the other day.  If you are using calculated shipping,  enter the dimensions and weight after you choose your international carriers. Then it will show you the CP options.   I'm sure this isn't some diabolical plan, just another annoying glitch.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Zombie Thread from 04-07-2013

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply