Vacation settings are NOT HIDING listings--the buy button is NOT disappearing!

dhslk
Community Member

I put my store on vacation over 12 hours ago, choosing the option to not let buyers buy my items. Woke up this morning to get ready to leave on vacation and, knowing what ebay is like, checked my store to make sure everything was fine. It was NOT!!! A vacation notice is on my lstings, BUT the BUY BUTTON is still there. I am currently on hold with someone at ebay whose only suggestion was to put a 2 week handling time on my listings!! They did not even KNOW that there was a vacation setting option to hide the ability to buy!! Does anyone have any suggestions? I am panicking and can't stay home much longer, or I will miss my flight.

I tried resetting everything about 30 minutes ago, but that didn't solve it.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I might be wrong but I do not think anyone can buy anything if they try.

It takes 12 to 24 hours for the items to disappear, same will happen when you reopen, it takes a long time for them to show up again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The store was on vacation for the last three months of 2018.... the postal strike months

Nobody could buy anything...

But... many could view the listings.... perhaps those with a listing that they are watching.

Link to .....

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/placing-store-vacation.html

for more information

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They will be hidden eventually but right now when they are still visible, anyone clicking on buy it now gets a message (as I just did) saying that the seller is on vacation and that the item can’t be purchased.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

But it really is best not to frustrate buyers and to make the Vacationing listings completely invisible.

Since most buyers nowadays seem to be interested in Immediate Gratification, holding a carrot in front of their nose will just annoy them and make them move on to the guy who actually will sell them carrot cake today.

Searching on your ID shows no current listings.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply