What to do if a buyer asked for charge back, item was not receive after giving you a good feed back

What to do if buyer asked you for charge back that item was not received, for 6 defferent transaction.  After giving you a good feed for back, for all the 6 transaction. Means that he received the item.  And paypal cant do nothing about it, while is proven in the feed back.

Be ware of  They keep buying for all these transaction and give you a good feed back, then they ask for charge back when really the item is received.  They scaming sellers and even proven in the feedback

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: What to do if a buyer asked for charge back, item was not receive after giving you a good feed b

Unless you can prove delivery with a tracking number, the buyer will likely win any challenge with ebay.

There is one exception, and it's a maybe.

IF you can show to ebay's satisfaction that the buyer is scamming, they MAY refuse to refund.  This is a long shot, ebay is very hard to convince.

But the fact that they left feedback is not evidence of receipt.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: What to do if a buyer asked for charge back, item was not receive after giving you a good feed b

You'd have to prove it to PayPal, not eBay, and the only real method to do that is with a signature upon delivery. I don't think just a tracking number is enough anymore, is it? Been a while since I've had to deal with any of that.

But by using the terms 'charge back' implies they did that through their credit card. Is that what they did?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@lokijeep wrote:

You'd have to prove it to PayPal, not eBay, and the only real method to do that is with a signature upon delivery. I don't think just a tracking number is enough anymore, is it? Been a while since I've had to deal with any of that.

But by using the terms 'charge back' implies they did that through their credit card. Is that what they did?

Hi stranger!

If it is an item not received claim through ebay or paypal the sellers needs to prove that the items were delivered. A signature is only needed if the purchase was over $250 U.S.

If it was a credit card chargeback, the seller would need to show either proof of shipment or proof of delivery.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Dear lojeep,

Thank you  very much!  yes you are right, they did it through their credit card.  And almost lost the whole 6 transactions.  But finally at the end win it.  Thanks a lot God bless

778tina2012

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank you

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm not following. They have already filed a charge back, or, they are asking for a refund? Two totally different things.

Feedback has nothing to do with anything.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Inuk - It appears as though the OP has "Won" I'm guessing with PayPal, whatever the situation was.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

In a real world, if you have another option of a 100% proof which I have my buyer's comment in my feedback history which showed that he did received it but he filed for a chargeback claiming that he never received it.

eBay/PayPal shouldn't focus or better wording, not to be so obsessed with only the proof of the delivery as the mandatory of proof.  They need to see the other proof like feedback which is very clearly for the whole world to see, yet PayPal cannot use that as 100% proof which is a tragedy.  It will work at the courts but not with eBay/PayPal!  What a tragedy that eBay/PayPal have to give unnecessary grief to the sellers like that!!

It is time that eBay/PayPal stop being so obsessed with only one proof which is the proof of delivery, they need to look at other proof like feedback which is very clearly!  Come on, eBay/PayPal listen and change this stupid policy and look at other proof like feedback.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

eBay/PayPal shouldn't focus or better wording, not to be so obsessed with only the proof of the delivery as the mandatory of proof.  They need to see the other proof like feedback which is very clearly for the whole world to see, yet PayPal cannot use that as 100% proof which is a tragedy.  It will work at the courts but not with eBay/PayPal!  What a tragedy that eBay/PayPal have to give unnecessary grief to the sellers like that!!

I think it's reasonable that eBay and PayPal look at proof of delivery that comes from a third party (in this case, the shipper) rather than directly from the buyer or seller seeing as it can be faked or--in the case of feedback--left for the wrong item in error.  (It happens.)

I doubt that a court would see feedback left as proof beyond a reasonable doubt that an item was received.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

if you have another option of a 100% proof which I have my buyer's comment in my feedback

It is very easy to leave feedback in error.

Leaving FB in batches and including FB for an incomplete transaction, for example.

Or getting two similar transactions confused

Or , as many newbie buyers do, leaving FB on payment, instead of on arrival.

Or even, leaving FB on reciept, but before opening or examining the purchase.

The seller has two ways of avoiding problems with delivery or damage claims.

Through Paypal - using tracked shipping, which can be expensive.

Through self -insurance (or third party insurance) and paying out on all claims, honest or spurious, before PP is involved.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply