Whats Managed Payments All about

I just got the ebay email saying they are converting to Managed Payments, and I have until July to sign up.

Is this eBay's attempt to get around Paypal?

After 20 years, and a rough start, Paypal is now a good service that works (unlike eBay's frequent software glitches).  

I like the idea of selling an item on ebay, then getting paid via Paypal.

If it isn't broken, then why fix it?

Does this mean ebay is about to screw this up?

Does this mean its finally time to get off ebay?

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Whats Managed Payments All about

@recped wrote:

PayPal would also be quite happy to sell shipping labels to eBay sellers either funded by cash balances or credit card. ...

My "Canadian" PayPal account only allows me to buy labels for sales I made through PayPal.

I see no way to buy a label for a non-paypal transaction.

-..-

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

Received eBay info regarding. "Request total". - "Multi order" - "Own label"

The request total button will still be available on "managed payment". The combine shipping process and options will still be the same once everyone has transitioned to "manage payment". The only difference is the mode of how the payments from buyers is forwarded to you.

for multi order will still be based on your preferences. Shipping cost will still be added for different items under multi orders 

If in case that your printing out your own label then all you need to do is to upload the tracking number manually on your sold page.

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

I see no way to buy a label for a non-paypal transaction.

I use Paypal for my non-eBay sales occasionally also printing labels through them.

And for those sales I also bill through Paypal, using their Buyer Protection as a selling point since my customers otherwise have only me to trust and this gives them a third party appeal. Haven't needed it yet, thank Ghu.

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

PayPal Canada removed that option years ago, but I believe USA PayPal account holders are able to use a Multi-Order Shipping feature that offers the ability to create a shipping label for non-transaction purposes.

Message 64 of 64
latest reply