Which bubble mailer to choose to ship video games

24-7-gift
Community Member

OK I got my first sale on ebay for my video games. It's a ps2 game INCLUDE the case.

The size of the game is the same as this: http://gamemedia.wcgame.ru/ps2-game.html 

But I'm confused on bubble mailer now.

I bought some bubble mailers from dollar mart. The size is (6''*9''- 15.2cm*22.8cm, size0)

However when I try to put my ps2 game(include case) inside this bubble mailer I find it EXTREMELY hard to put it. I may say I have to PUSH it into my padded envelope.

Since I have no experience on this. I want to ship via CP. But will this make the ps2 game damaged during the shipment? Or do I need to chage it to size1?

(This game I sold for nearly $50 so I don't wanna screw up this order and wanna give my buyer the best experience I can..)

Any input would be greatly appreciated:) 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I bought some bubble mailers from dollar mart. The size is (6''*9''- 15.2cm*22.8cm, size0)

However when I try to put my ps2 game(include case) inside this bubble mailer I find it EXTREMELY hard to put it. I may say I have to PUSH it into my padded envelope.

Since I have no experience on this. I want to ship via CP. But will this make the ps2 game damaged during the shipment? Or do I need to chage it to size1?

I don't ship games but I do send dvds and cds in size 0 envelopes via oversize lettermail without problems in Canada.

If it fits in the envelope and the case is good quality, it should arrive safely.

There is some variability in envelopes (even the same brand). So if one envelope is tight my method is to try another envelope (and use the tight envelope for slim cases).

I currently am using Staples size 0 paper bubble envelope.

Interior dimensions: 15.5 x 22 cm variation (plus/minus 0.2 cm)

If you do bump it up to a size 1 make sure it doesn't float around inside the envelope as that can cause additional stress.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

24-7-gift
Community Member

thanks for the input:)

Yes the one on staple seems good.

But it costs me $2.5 to ship a DVD by letter mailer(include tax). Is it already the cheapst way to do so?

Last time I ship a book it only costs me $1.51 to ship a book..

And the venture one card doesn't eligible for discount for the letter mailer

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

But it costs me $2.5 to ship a DVD by letter mailer(include tax). Is it already the cheapst way to do so?

Last time I ship a book it only costs me $1.51 to ship a book..

And the venture one card doesn't eligible for discount for the letter mailer

For stuff less than 2cm thick and under 500g letter mail is the cheapest option for shipping in Canada. The 2013 oversize rates are:

0-100g -- $1.34 plus tax

101-200g -- $2.20 plus tax

201-300g -- $3.05 plus tax

301-400g -- $3.50 plus tax

401-500g -- $3.75 plus tax

If you mail enough stuff, then it might be worth the effort to buy discounted postage on eBay.  If you bid wisely you can get unused stamps for 10-30% off face value. Look for sellers of mint Canadian stamps with gum.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hi, I'll put my 2 cents worth in.  I use CD mailers, they are 7.4 by 7.4".  I wrapped two slim pieces of cardboard around the CD and tape it.  Works really well. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

24-7-gift
Community Member

Hi thanks for the suggestion:)

"If you mail enough stuff, then it might be worth the effort to buy discounted postage on eBay."

I don't think I can do it for a few monthes lol...

But would you mind to tell me how does that work?

And from somewhere else I saw that there's a paypal shipping discount like 18% off? How does that work? I'm very confused now..

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

And from somewhere else I saw that there's a paypal shipping discount like 18% off? How does that work?

The paypal discount only applies to certain categories of parcel (like Expedited). When you sell an item you can view the paypal payment details and it will give you the option of shipping.  You need: a printer, scales (to weigh your package) and a measuring tape (to measure the parcel's dimensions). You select Canada Post and choose which type of parcel to send it as. It will give you the cost details before you commit to buy. It will take the payment from your main paypal balance (and if that's not enough it will use other payment choices -- but you do have the option of forcing paypal to use your alternate choice rather than paypal's not-so-good default). You then print out the shipping label, attach it to your parcel and then mail.

Additional: http://sellersoapbox.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I buy my mailers in bulk from uline.ca

These are what I use for most standard DVD and game cases:

http://www.uline.ca/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?modelnumber=S-9985&FromOrderHistory=Y

There are 250 in a case and it works out to 33 cents a mailer. You might find it cheaper depending on where you are. (Shipping charge varies, and I'm in a rural area)

For non-standard cases that are a bit bigger or just don't quite fit properly in the above, I use:

http://www.uline.ca/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?modelnumber=S-13944&FromOrderHistory=Y

These are a bit more expensive, but they fit just about everything else including TV seasons.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

arsi-4234
Community Member

I am not against paying some small amount for a decent game. But some games are not worth a minute of your attention and they still demand some regular payments. Or you constantly need to deposit some money to get credits to go further in the game. I think it is totally unfair. It should be transparent and not hidden. I am from Scotland postcode area and I ignore such games.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@arsi-4234 wrote:

I am not against paying some small amount for a decent game....

You posted to a ZOMBIE thread from 2013.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Use your judgment. If you feel it is too tight, get something different.

Some mailers advertised as size 0 will be too tight for DVDs/games and will only fit Blu-Rays.

The mailers I use are Crownhill Size 0 mailers. They sell them on the Costco website for 49.99 + tax for a case of 250 mailers. Even if you aren't selling a lot, it is worth it to get an entire case, because the savings will add up quickly. These are really solid mailers and fit most different sized games/DVDs from regular cases to most smaller box sets. I've shipped 100's of DVDs in them, and haven't had a customer's DVD arrive broken that I know of.

Weight will be a big deal with mailers. Especially if you're opting to ship letter mail, which will save you lots of money, it goes by every 100 grams. So a heavier mailer could cost you money in the long run. These Crownhill mailers are about 12 games.

edit: Hope OP figured out which mailer to use by now, or else someone has been waiting 7 years for a game!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 12 of 12
latest reply