Why can't you select 2 possible shipping options?

So just an observation of things I was unaware of...maybe its me but I cannot figure out as a customer how to select an available 2nd shipping option on my listings.

What I mean is on some items I offer Free shipping in Canada with Economy shipping and also offer expedited as a 2nd option but the customer has to pay for....I see it in the add...but you can't do anything with it....I even tried reversing the shipping and making the expedited main and then offer a 2nd option for free economy shipping ...then I even logged out and tried to go through the steps as a customer and no matter what I cannot find a way to select the 2nd option.

This makes me wonder if this has EVER worked of if this is something new that has developed with an update?

Anyone have any idea's?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I checked one of your BIN listings with dual shipping and see (on a computer) ...cart page says wait for checkout to seecart page says wait for checkout to see

shipping choices on the checkout pageshipping choices on the checkout page

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Be careful with those choices.

It is my understanding that you will be charged the eBay shipping fee on the FIRST choice, even if the customer chooses the second.

So if you gave Expedited at $12 first, and Economy (lettermail) second at 90c, you would be charged $1.20 as the shipping FVF, although you actually were paid only to use lettermail.

I could be wrong.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks everyone for the assist...it's hard to see things when its your own store....maybe it was just because when I logged out I didn't have another account to log in with and check....maybe I should make a dumby account to check listings with every now and again

Thanks again...to everyone who posted here and sent PM's

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Be careful with those choices.

It is my understanding that you will be charged the eBay shipping fee on the FIRST choice, even if the customer chooses the second.

So if you gave Expedited at $12 first, and Economy (lettermail) second at 90c, you would be charged $1.20 as the shipping FVF, although you actually were paid only to use lettermail.

I could be wrong.

Luckily you are wrong in that scenario.   In a domestic shipping situation, the seller would pay fvf on whatever the buyer paid for so if they paid for $1 shipping, fvf would be based on that.  You are probably thinking of the fvf on international shipping which may be figured out a bit differently.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364&st=12&pos=1&query=Selli...

Final values fees on shipping are based on the cost of the shipping service the buyer chooses. However, if you offer 1-day or international shipping as well as a cheaper or free option (like domestic shipping), the final value fee is calculated based on the cheapest domestic option you offer.

If you only offer 1-day or international shipping but no cheaper option like domestic shipping, you'll be charged a final value fee based on the service the buyer chooses.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply