Why did ebay change my shipping policy?

I spent a long time amended my shipping policy and now it seems to have reversed all of them.  What's going on?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@musicyouneed wrote:

I spent a long time amended my shipping policy and now it seems to have reversed all of them.  What's going on?

@musicyouneed 

I had the opposite happen a few weeks ago right around when we are able to offer discounted shipping to buyers kicked in.  I was not using shipping policies. Suddenly I was for all newly created listings. When I disabled, it cleared everything to the point where new listings were creating without any problems. Hope you are able to solve your situation as easy?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

They did it on .com too.  I had to do a bulk edit paying attention to not amend ones that have a higher shipping rate.  Geez.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Sorry you are going through this so late into the holiday selling season @musicyouneed .

I became a 'canary in the coal mine' for such changes back in October (see Default shipping settings? thread). And frankly, nothing improved - especially sales - until I refined, reapplied, and set new defaults for Payments, Returns, and Shipments under Manage Business Policies. Result: my Business Policies dropped from 4 pages of mostly redundant/obsolete policies and over 100 orphaned listings, to 1 page with 9 core policies and no orphaned listings.

Tip: the following dropdown for each policy will be a big help and timesaver when customizing for specific listings (or types of listings):

Manage-Business-Policies-COPY-dropdown.jpg

Another Tip: Having never previously needed to use Business Policies for my mostly flat rate standard-sized media items, I would have been even more confused and frustrated without the input of @msau4301  and @flipistics ...thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply