Why does ebay take a percentage of the shipping cost as a fee?

Why does ebay take a percentage of the shipping cost as a fee?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Why does ebay take a percentage of the shipping cost as a fee?

Do you read or just replying to your own thoughts ? Be well and godbuy 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Hi ! as I see you are a long time seller also, why are you shocked that old time sellers just finding it out , maybe they were too busy listing ,packing,etc, so they have no time to look into these things, as I see you have a lot of time on your hands and that is why you know this up dates, what you sell under 20 items a year???? you have more time than a pre schooler playing, Im happy you are so informed, but us "old time sellers" real sellers "not look at me how much I know about Ebay", keep yourself busy, and maybe you too can miss some updates, your sales show how dedicated you are,, so why are you lecturing Sellers who have no time like you to look into stuff like this,, now if I could I would make you a trophy, as the smartest seller on Ebay

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Making assumptions and comments says much about your character ...so full of arrogance and contempt for small sellers...  What you may see now is not  the totality of my eBay selling...I no longer have the need nor the desire to be a large volume seller(even though many years back I held a top rated seller status for 10 years) Sorry to disappoint but I have been selling on multiple selling sites for 20 years and just because I choose not to be a large volume seller on eBay does not make me any less experienced than you....

C'est la vie!

Que sera sera!

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I agree that this is old news and a warranted workaround by ebay to thwart the sellers who offered low priced items with overly high shipping charges.  However, as another long time seller, the error is in the fact that there is no way to compensate for that in the shiping charge - ebay should automatically include it or allow the seller to include a surcharge or % surcharge.  You can kinda do this by estimating flat fees, but if you use ebay automatic calculation, you are assured to lose out that commission, why not an option of whether buyer or seller pays for that?  I'm fine with honest, trasparent and tight shipping charges, but if you gotta prepare to lose commission on an actual cost, no one benefits.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

If you use calculated shipping you can add a handling charge to compensate for the fees. 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply