Won INR cases without tracking and positive feedback!

Follow up of this thread i made because a buyer opened cases but admitted it was 'by accident' into case

Buyer admitted false cases but not closing them - The eBay Canada Community

I contacted support today and the agent was not cooperative at first. He made me sceptical and scared me a bit, as i was risking my first selling defect ever by asking ebay to step in a case. And INR cases without tracking... Was risky 

Anyway i pushed to explain the situation, did bring agent's attention to the buyer sentence admitting, i copy pasted previous agent discussion. I worked it. Took me around 15 minutes. But i got it! Cases closed in my favor!

Hard to believe i won INR cases without tracking but here is the proof that if a buyer admit into messages that he received the packages or anything suggesting it, ebay will back you up. I won only because he said it was opened by 'accident', while it was clearly a lie as he opened 3 cases on 3 different listings. It was clear scams and i pushed buyer to do a mistake 

I very very highly suggest to word your replies in a way to scare when you suspect a false claim. They do mistakes, they back out, they second guess... It really often works! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad that it worked out! 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Since you were able to copy/paste the Messages, I presume you were using the Chat rather than the phones.

That may have helped since you would be dealing with an actual trained employee, rather than a phone clerk working for a subcontractor.

And only 15 minutes!

Buy a lottery ticket.😄

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Update to this update. 

The buyer did not lost the case. Neither me. Ebay decided to close it in buyer's favor but without impacting me. Totally crazy. They support scammers... They refunded for me basically! 

Just received those messages on all 3 cases: 

Hi ,

We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of C $X without any impact to you.

This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

You can view the details of the case in the Resolution Centre.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I’m thinking that this means that the buyer is now on eBay’s radar, though, and some sort of flag will be raised if they file a case in the future.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I told the agent today that if it was closed in buyer's favor, i would like to report the buyer of an abuse of money back guarantee. Maybe it helped that i pointed i suspected it was a fraud attempt to leave the cases open and force a refund after admitting it was an error. I think too that they backed me up because they suspect too it was a scam, maybe he already had a suspicious cases history 

Edit: or maybe my good ratings helped? I have 0 defect, 0.02% late shipment, 0.4% negative, 0% case closed without resolution, etc 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

eBay takes action against scammers when people report them. You should use the report buyer feature. Their account might get removed if other sellers also reported them.

eBay sometimes covers sellers as a courtesy. I don't know their internal criteria for covering sellers. I suspect it is something like your account was in good standing for a long time, and it's not an expensive sale. You showed them that the buyer scammed you, so they covered you. They still are going to technically follow their buyer protection since the buyer hasn't been removed from it. That is how I have seen it play out in the past. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply